• 2006/7/8 21:32

• shana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/8 2

Hi everyone.

PHP: 4.3.10
MySQL: 4.1.7
Apache: 2.0.53

I just installed XOOPS and I can't seem to get it going. Homepage is mostly empty, just the header and the menu entries Login and Main Menu, but these blocks don't have any content, and neither does the main area.

After checking all the FAQs about this, I enabled the MySQL query log, and tested the queries one by one, until I got to the following query (this is a test install with all default names, don't worry about my putting the real table names here):

SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM xoops_tplfile f LEFT JOIN xoops_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_login.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid

This query doesn't return any data, and so the block template is not loaded.
I checked the tables and checked the install scripts, and they are properly loaded, i.e., the xoops_tplsource has the source for the login block and proper IDs.

After a bit more checking, I came to the conclusion that it fails on the condition

tpl_tplset = 'default'

If I run the query in PHPMyAdmin with

tpl_tplset LIKE 'default'

it returns the proper result.

I have the database in MyISAM and UTF-8, and I've tried changing the collation of the table to Latin1, but to no avail.

I'm stumped. ???? HELP!

Dave_L
Re: Problem with MySQL - Blocks not showing
  • 2006/7/8 21:48

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

XOOPS version?

shana
  • 2006/7/8 22:02

• shana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/8 2

Ah, I knew there was something missing in the list. :-p It's the latest one, 2.0.whatever is the most current.

Aaaaanyway, problem finally solved. Rebuilt all the database with Latin1 encoding, and now it works. UTF-8, apparently, doesn't, at least with XOOPS on my system.

I don't understand what the problem is, but it must be something between XOOPS and MySQL, because I have been trying for the past few days Drupal, Joomla, Spip and Typo3, and not one of them had any problems with the exact same configurations. They are running happily right now with no problems.

One for the FAQs?

Torben
  • 2006/7/16 9:04

• Torben

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/10

I experienced the same and found the same solution. Unfortunatly I did not find this post first, that would have helped.

To try to cross-link, see my findings here:

Login block missing

Login

Who's Online

437 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 437

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits