jlandrem
Unable to use private message feature
  • 2006/6/30 23:54

• jlandrem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

I've looked through as many posts as possible to make sure this topic has not been brought up recently, but I did not see it so here it goes....

I upgraded my site from 2.0.13.2 to the new 2.0.14 without any problems. But now I cannot use the private message feature. The button is present, but the screen in which you type the message will not load now or pop up. I'm not really sure what happened, but any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bender
Re: Unable to use private message feature
  • 2006/7/1 0:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Tried different browsers? (any toolbars that include popup blockers like google toolbar)

Any error with php debugging switched on?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jlandrem
  • 2006/7/1 0:27

• jlandrem

• Just popping in

I havent changed the browser, and I can use pm's here at this site so I would say it is not a browser problem.

I tried all of the de-bug options in preferences and it is not showing me anything.

The only change that I made at the site was when I completed the install of the new version, it prompted me to chmod the mainfile php settings to 444 for security. Not sure if the read only settings are effecting the pm's.

SoLoYo
  • 2006/7/1 0:39

• SoLoYo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

i am very new to the XOOPS but i do know pop up blokcers lol sense i work for comcast hold ctrl and shift that is the command to over ride all pop up blokcers just make sure your holding it while you click the link thats only if it is a pop up blocker

jlandrem
  • 2006/7/1 0:47

• jlandrem

• Just popping in

When I do that it sends me to a page that says..."the page cannot be displayed"..the url at the top is..

javascript:openWithSelfMain('http://bandofbrother.net/pmlite.php?send2=1&to_userid=5',%20'pmlite',%20450,%20380);

seems that my pm.php file may have been lost or corrupted during the upgrade, becasue when I click that link it makes the pm work, but not from where it should.

leostotch
  • 2006/7/1 0:50

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

A 2.0.14 change requires support of the "xoops_module_header" feature in your theme (if you use an old theme that doesn't suppport this, one of the consequences may be what you're describing)...

- Open the file themes/yourtheme/theme.html
- Check that this file inserts the xoops_module_header content in the output page head. If not, add the following read line between <head> and </head>:

<head>
[
color=FF3333]<{$xoops_module_header}>[/color]
</
head>

Once you've done this, delete all the files inside the template_c folder (except index.html), to ensure your change is seen by XOOPS.

leostotch
  • 2006/7/1 0:57

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Quote:
When I do that it sends me to a page that says..."the page cannot be displayed"..the url at the top is..
(tammairanslip)openWithSelfMain( 'http://bandofbrother.net/pmlite.php?send2=1&to_userid=5',%20'pmlite', %20450,%20380);

If you get this message, then the upgrade isn't complete (the "tammairanslip" message has been changed to "script removed" in 2.0.14):
- Delete all the ".php" files in templates_c to force the regeneration of your templates
- If that doesn't fix your problems, then use the files integrity checker released with 2.0.14 to verify that all the system files were correctly uploaded/updated

jlandrem
  • 2006/7/1 1:13

• jlandrem

• Just popping in

Ok, when I ran the integrity checker it told me I was missing all of the install files. I re-installed them and the the admin panel told me to delete them for security reasons, kind of a catch 22. The messages still do not work properly.

I also just noticed that it will not load the smileys page, the "others" on the online page or any other pop up page from the site. It is not my browser, it must be a setting or a feature ont he site that has been turned off some how.

....I'm lost

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits