martineagle
2 questions: disallow viewing other members unless logged in & view a list of all users
  • 2006/6/29 4:31

• martineagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/6 1

The below Question 1 was raised by a different user in this post but was never addressed or answered and I'd be really keen to know if there is a solution of any kind. Question 2 is from my own brain and I couldn't find an answer to it anywhere.

Question 1
"is there a way I can set it so that a user *must* be logged in to view another users profile? ... i dont want anyone on the internet who knows how to type in the URL for a user profile to be able to troll through that information without being a member"

QUESTION 2
Is there a way to view a list of all users in either a popup window or a module of it's own?

------
For me, I'm running with the following:
XOOPS Version: 2.0.13.1
PHP Version: 4.3.11
MySQL Version: 4.0.27-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: hack of thinline
------

Thanks in advance,
Martin

tripnosis
Re: 2 questions: disallow viewing other members unless logged in & view a list of all users
  • 2006/6/29 7:35

• tripnosis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/28

Not sure about the first one, but as for #2, just install and use the "members" module, which comes with Xoops. If you wan it to load in a popup, you'll prolly need to use a menu module.
"There is no element of genius, without some form of insanity."
Lyra Design
Vote Trip in '06!

Bender
Re: 2 questions: disallow viewing other members unless logged in & view a list of all users
  • 2006/6/29 8:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

martineagle
  • 2006/6/29 14:03

• martineagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/6 1

Thank you guys for your fast and accurate replies, much appreciated.

Another satisfied noob

Regs,

Martin

Login

Who's Online

484 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 484

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits