Ace_Armstrong
Forbidden error/data corruptions

I am experiencing a number of bizarre behaviors with my site suddenly, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. Here are the symptoms I've discovered thus far:

1. When I try to edit a custom block, I get this error:
"You don't have permission to access /modules/system/admin.php on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

2. When I try to submit any changes from the General Settings (in Preferences), I get either a blank page or a "Server not found" error.

3. Dates in the forums are corrupted; a post that should say it was posted "Yesterday 12:08:48" instead says "YAmerica/New_YorkstAmerica/New_Yorkrday 12:08:48", for instance.

4. Users are unable to post in most threads, but can post in others.

I tried repairing every table in the database. I tried upgrading from 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.14. I tried deleting the cache and files from templates_c. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have a suggestion the cause/fix for this?
Ace Armstrong
The Man. The Myth. The Mammal.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Intelligent, informed debate good. Innuendo bad. See for yourself!
www.GLOAMING.us

Bender
Re: Forbidden error/data corruptions
  • 2006/6/28 13:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did your host update to php5 or messed with the MySQL version?

I saw number two once on a site which upgraded to php5. After downgrading it went back to normal. Since it was not exclusively my site no further investigation took place though.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Did your host update to php5 or messed with the MySQL version?

I saw number two once on a site which upgraded to php5. After downgrading it went back to normal. Since it was not exclusively my site no further investigation took place though.

Yup. They upgraded it yesterday, exactly when the problems began. They're NOT going to downgrade it for little old me. Any workaround for this?
Ace Armstrong
www.GLOAMING.us

Bender
  • 2006/6/28 18:08

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I will not be able to provide you with a solution since i am not the expert on that stuff.

But what exactly did they update (php or mysql) and to which version?

Maybe with these informations someone might have an idea whats the exact source of the issue.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

Bender wrote:
I will not be able to provide you with a solution since i am not the expert on that stuff.

But what exactly did they update (php or mysql) and to which version?

Maybe with these informations someone might have an idea whats the exact source of the issue.

They updated sometime yesterday from PHP 4.3 (I think) to PHP 5.0.4.
Ace Armstrong
www.GLOAMING.us

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits