erector
Top Menu Bar
  • 2006/6/22 13:41

• erector

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/22

I am having a bit of difficulty locating the to change the links to the buttons.

I have uploaded a lot of themes and like most of them but they have a set of buttons on the top on most that point to modules I do not wish to use, or do not have installed.

I have changed the url in the theme.html that comes with these themes, but when it is uploaded after editing, the buttons still attempt to open the module that is not installed. This also applies if I have deleted the bit I do not want.

I searched all over but don't seem to have come up with what I have to edit specificly.

Where can I edit the in a theme.

Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to this

Thanks

erector

starduster
Re: Top Menu Bar
  • 2006/6/22 14:17

• starduster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

If you have changed for example just like this in theme.html
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/">Newsa>

to

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xoopspoll/">Voting bootha>

Then all I can say is go to your admin panel>>system admin/preferences/general settings. Now just a little down the page you want the option Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

Set this to yes then click go then just have another look at your theme to see if the changes took effect.

If all is well set it back to no afterwards(always put back to no after testing). If it isn't working. I am not sure. I guess recheck your coding.

Login

Who's Online

497 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 497

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits