dwhitten
Downgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.0 script
  • 2006/6/19 19:29

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/22

Hi there,

I just tried running the 2.2.3 downgrade script and it failed miserably. Luckily I backed up my database and files and was able to restore everything within about 5-10 mins.

But - is there a script that works?

Thanks,
Deb

Chappy
Re: Downgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.0 script
  • 2006/6/20 0:33

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

When you did the downgrade you did upload all the 2.0.13.2 files before you uploaded and ran the downgrade script, right? The script will not work if you don't do that (upload all the 2.0.13.2 files) first...

I donwgraded from 2.2.4 to 2.0.13.2, then upgraded to 2.0.14. When I downgraded to 2.0.13.2, I noticed some problems that did not seem curable from the downgrade (redirection back to former page after login, some extra blocks, warnings, etc). IT just seemed kinda' screwy. At that point, I figured that it would just be good to - in the terms of another quite familiar saying - reinstall windows.

I ended up running the downgrade script (after uploading the new 2.0.13.2 files). Then saving my database and mainfile.php. Then I did a complete new installation of XOOPS 2.0.13.2 using the data from my mainfile.php to create the new install. After that, I installed each module and pasted the sql from the post-downgrade backup. I had a whole new site. I had to redo practically everything about the site, but it seems to run faster and better now. It's probably a pretty screwy way to go about the whole thing, but it was a pretty good experience and my site works lots better.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

dwhitten
  • 2006/6/20 15:08

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

I guess I should have RTFM'd, but even so, where do I put the 2.0 files? Do I untar the whole thing?

Thanks,
Deb

Chappy
  • 2006/6/22 5:04

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Basically you unarchive it then put the files where they currently reside - in the XOOPS root so that mainfile.php goes where it is right now, the modules directory goes where it is, etc, til you have all the files uploaded.

Make sure and back up, of course, before you do anything. Both MySQL and the files.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

dwhitten
  • 2006/6/22 12:22

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Ok, I tried that yesterday, and the script did run without any errors.

However, when I went to my site, I had all kinds of errors. I had to restore the files & database again.

This is unfortunately a production site. If I knew how to quickly fix the errors that resulted I would try again.

What I then did was I installed XOOPS 2.0 in a different location, and 1 by 1 I am reinstalling modules and importing the database tables from my prod site. At least this gives me a way to do it without making a mess out of my production site, but then I am going to have my site in a different location, which isn't ideal either. Plus I would have to map the users tables. XOOPS 2.0 does feel a lot more stable, robust and faster. I've even noticed some things on the admin side that didn't work at all in 2.2.3.

Any suggestions? How difficult is it to fix the downgraded XOOPS 2.2.3 site after the script has been run on it?

Thanks,
Deb

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits