klaux
Forum posting problem
  • 2006/6/18 12:50

• klaux

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/14

I have had problems with posting to Forum v. 1, bundled with XOOPS 2.0.13.2. It appears that slight changes in the content of a post will result in what appears to be a permissions error.

For example--the following post goes through fine:

"The process of uploading just one photo at a time is a kind of gentle reminder to people to be more selective in sharing their pix with others. My first urge was to upload 30 or so photos."

But when I add on "from our trip", thusly:

"The process of uploading just one photo at a time is a kind of gentle reminder to people to be more selective in sharing their pix with others. My first urge was to upload 30 or so photos from our trip."

I get a "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /modules/newbb/post.php on this server" error message.

And in fact, when it ends "...photos fro" it's OK; when I add an "m", making it "...photos from", I get the error.

Stranger still, changing the "m" to another character, eg. "...photos frog", causes no errors. So it's not some kind of overflow problem.

klaux
Re: Forum posting problem
  • 2006/6/18 12:55

• klaux

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/14

Umm, I just noticed that the module itself is in a directory called "NewBB", although hitting the "info" icon in the module admin section describes it as "Forum v. 1".

Login

Who's Online

516 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 516

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits