katalina
Registrations
  • 2006/6/7 16:05

• katalina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

A friend says he has registerd but got no e-mail notification, is there something I must do to set that up for new members?

Version is 2.0.13.1
No sign of any new members in my xoops.
Thanks.

tcnet
Re: Registrations
  • 2006/6/8 3:54

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Have you entered your email information in admin panel/ preferences/ system / mail setup ?

katalina
  • 2006/6/8 6:58

• katalina

• Just popping in

Hya,

This is what i see this morning:

This is my normal e-mail address.
From name is my normal name.
From user: my normal name.This morning I see an extra name Jessica I guess this will be my new member but I don't know how to activate the member, normally they do that themselves by e-mail.
Delivery method: SMTP
SMTP Host: Hosts normal
SMTP password: password normal

Thanks for any further help tcnet!

tcnet
  • 2006/6/8 12:43

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Both the site admin and the new user should receive mails when the registration form is submitted and when the new user account is activated. You can test the site by registering yourself as a new member using a working email address and see if the script sends you a validation email.

If you don't get the mails, something is wrong with your settings in System Preferences/Mail Setup or User Info Settings. You might need to try PHP(mail)instead of SMTP delivery method.

To check if a new user is activated you can go to System Admin/Edit User, then select the new username and modify. If the account is not activated, XOOPS will display a message page instead of the users account admin.

Hope this helps.

ybk78
  • 2006/6/8 14:09

• ybk78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/9 6

Quote:

katalina wrote:
A friend says he has registerd but got no e-mail notification, is there something I must do to set that up for new members?

Version is 2.0.13.1
No sign of any new members in my xoops.
Thanks.

im having the same problem..... i dont know how to solve it....can anybody guide me.....

katalina
  • 2006/6/8 17:56

• katalina

• Just popping in

Thanks Tcnet,

I see my new member but did'nt recive notification, my friend is absent today so I am unaware if she recived or not at this time, yesterday she did'nt.

I see she has registered so I sent an e-mail just now from the system in xoops.

If another new member is'nt available to me in my mailer then I can switch back to PHP.

Yes, you did help, and thankyou.

katalina
  • 2006/6/8 18:02

• katalina

• Just popping in

Om my giddy aunt,

Just looked at your instructions again and it said (xoops)'edit' when I did it asked activate? so I did lol

Hope to see my friend online tomorrow.

Great help from you Tcnet, your a star..

ybk78 just follow the instructions, go to admin and look for new user then you should be ok. It asks to edit so yes because then it says activate but do not touch any users settings.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits