bassclef
Anyone keen on writing a pedigree module?
  • 2005/1/19 16:34

• bassclef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

Talk abuot special purpose! But I thought it might come in handy for, err, other heirarchical things?

Anyway, the idea would be to create pedigree charts (dog, cat, horse, people (genealogical) etc), with user submission and comments, and links to pics or thumbs uploadable.

There are a number of online tools that create online pedigrees, but just about everything I have seen is quite clumsy.

If I am barking up the wrong tree (ooooh Gods - double pun!) let me know!

Thanks,

Marc

carnuke
Re: Anyone keen on writing a pedigree module?
  • 2005/1/19 17:46

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Maybe I ahve missunderstood you spec here, but how would this differ from any other content module with cats and sub-cats all the other mentioned features?

If I had seen one of 'these others' maybe I would know there is a difference.

bassclef
  • 2005/1/20 10:31

• bassclef

• Just popping in

Have a look here:

http://www.sitstay.com/pedi/

This is an online pedigree generator. What would be handy (and would be great for geneology freaks too! No offense... ;) Filling in all the details creates a 1-page, 3-4 generation pedigree. The module I had in mind would have a search function, image link/attachment, and of course user-submission. All data would reside in the database, which gives it a boost past all these html based noes. It would be a perfect addition to Xoops!

Marc

rowdie
  • 2005/1/20 10:46

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

There is a project in development at the moment which is working on converting PhpGedView to XOOPS. It's a genealogy module, intended for people but I expect it would work just as well with animal pedigrees

bassclef
  • 2005/1/20 16:26

• bassclef

• Just popping in

Looks indeed like it would work! Godspeed on the development I say! Planning Stage... (starts thinking about the changing of the seasons...)

Thank you!

Bassclef

hunden
  • 2005/9/7 15:27

• hunden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

Hi!

I just putted on my dog portal.. and pedigree module would be GREAT! Been looking for something like that and havent come across one yet..

How is progress going or is it still in planning?

Bye, hunden

skenow
  • 2005/9/7 16:09

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The project in dev.xoops hasn't been very active, but there is a patch available at the phpGedview site. I've been working on getting it cleaned up with the latest pgv code (3.3.5) and XOOPS 2.0.13.1 - the basic problems center around id and class selectors that conflict with XOOPS core style selectors. Additionally, the pgv themes need to be adapted for inclusion in Xoops.

I haven't posted it to a public server, yet, just been testing it locally for now. I should be able to finish it by the end of the week.

hunden
  • 2006/6/2 7:51

• hunden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

Hi!

Is this module still in planning or was droped? Still searching for pedigree module.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits