tonybrasscoe
Editing the Center Column

Hi tried to search for and couldnt find what i was looking for. Iam using the Bassman Light theme as a starting point. I was able on the center column to remove the lines surrounding it. Now im having trouble with the block titles. The way it is now the titles align to the left I want the titles to align to the middle of the page, also the background image or color only goes across the top of the block to highlight the name of the block. I would like to stretch this to the same width as the block like in the left or right columns. Where do i edit this at? Ive tried to do it in the css file and have got nowhere. I cant see where i would do it in the theme file.
I appreciate any help available thanks.

Bassman
Re: Editing the Center Column
  • 2006/5/29 5:25

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Hi Tony,
Sorry I didn't answer this sooner, I just found your question.

I had a bit of a play around to see what I could do to achieve what you wanted. Here's what to do:

1) Open theme_blockcenter_c.html and change

Quote:

<div style="padding: 5px;">
<fieldset>
<legend class="blockTitle"><{$block.title}></legend>
<div class="blockContent"><{$block.content}></div>
</fieldset>
</div>

to

Quote:

<div style="padding: 5px;">
<fieldset>
<div class="blockTitle"><{$block.title}></div>
<div class="blockContent"><{$block.content}></div>
</fieldset>
</div>

then in style.css and any other style sheets change:

Quote:

td#centerCcolumn legend.blockTitle {padding: 5px; background-color: #9F97C3; background-image: url("block-title.gif"); color: #006699; font-weight:bold; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px;}

to

Quote:

td#centerCcolumn .blockTitle {padding: 5px; background-color: #9F97C3; background-image: url("block-title.gif"); color: #006699; font-weight:bold; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px;border-top: 1px solid #006699; border-left: 1px solid #006699; border-right: 1px solid #006699}

Repeat for theme_blockcenter_l.html and theme_blockcenter_r.html and change the appropriate style sheet references as above.

You may have to fiddle with the padding & border settings to get it the way you want.

tonybrasscoe

Thanks! Bassman your always on point. One thing for some reason when i did this in my style.css

Quote:

td#centerCcolumn .blockTitle {width:94%;padding: 7px; background-color:#9A5912; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight:bold; text-align:center}

it showed up quite different in firefox when i put the same code in for the styleNN.css file. I tried to change the width by adding width:400px instead but that didnt work either, any suggestions?

Bassman
  • 2006/5/31 10:52

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Maybe you could remove the width and set left and right margins instead?

tonybrasscoe

ok whew i got it to work. now on to the actual fun part of the site thanks.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits