johnhamman
Can Xoops be used for a clients only section site with to-dos,journals, etc...
  • 2006/5/22 0:10

• johnhamman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/22

Hi all, I am looking for a solution for this;
I have a home builders website and they want to have a password protected client backend where when the client logs in the client can : view a home progress photo gallary of ONLY their home, a todo list of clients responsibility, 2 different journal types that the Builder can add entries just for that client but the client can only read them, and a contact form.
Each client can only see stuff that is assigned to them and not see the other clients stuff (or even know there is other clients). The builder should be able to easily access and adminstrate all of this.

script_fu
Re: Can Xoops be used for a clients only section site with to-dos,journals, etc...

Depends on how many clients the builder has.

The easy way to do this is with the cbb forum module.

You can set up a private forum for each client.

Then any info, pictures or instructions can clearly be set up
on the bulletin board/forum.

Should work quite well...

script_fu
Re: Can Xoops be used for a clients only section site with to-dos,journals, etc...

I was thinking about this a little bit more. The gallery/news module should be used for the builders finished portfolio. Meaning once projects have been completed the pictures & news that have been posted in the forum can then be used in the gallery/news module for other potential clientele to see. "With permission ofcourse from the owners." Now you could also link from the news articles about each project to the gallery for a really nice transition.

Just some "Food for thought"...

Regards
Billy

Login

Who's Online

484 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 484

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits