Hullprod
Help me on my project - EARN SOME CASH! $$$
  • 2006/5/21 11:57

• Hullprod

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

Hi, my names Rich and I have a project im currently working on, are there any XOOPS users who wanna earn some cash!?!?
If you have some decent coding skills and know XOOPS to the core then readon!

Right, Im setting up a small advertising site at the moment. I want to allow users to sign up from a free account up too a £4.99 p/m account. (possibly with 2 account types in between)

I want users with the FREE account to be able to have their own page (like myspace I guess) but with limited images, and some text info about them and a link to their site etc.

I want paying users to be able to have more images and a small e-shop with some of their products. All account types will have proffesional set themes but with a more advanced account the user can customise this more.

Both types of users will need to be accesable via a categorised menu system or searched for by Name, Category, Member type, Popularity.

Members and anonymous users will need to be able to contact the advertiser by personal message. And certain areas of their personal details will need to be different e.g. Style, Qualifications etc.

Im sure XOOPS is easily capable of doing what i need, its a hard project to complete alone but with my graphical knowledge and help from a pro XOOPS user/developer/addict its gotta work!. Im fine with graphics/CSS - PHP is where i have problems. I will discuss the project further with whoever is up for helping me out.

If someone has a paypal account and is willing to work with me on this I can sort out some cash for you. Hopefully I get some responce on this topic.

If you are interested in working with me please post the following:

How you can help?
Any previous work/proof of skills
A bit about you and any questions

Thanks for checking this out. Hope to hear from some peeps soon. By the way I have a budget but am willing to payout a decent amount if you are willing and obviously able. The more you do and the more I need you - The more I will pay out.

p.s. Also I want to keep things personal so when I select someone to help we will need to exchange phone numbers etc. and discuss in alot more detail. Dont worry im mad friendly.

Thanks - Rich

davidl2
Re: Help me on my project - EARN SOME CASH! $$$
  • 2006/5/21 12:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

(i've removed the double post - please only post once. Thanks)

Hullprod
  • 2006/5/21 12:18

• Hullprod

• Just popping in

Hi, I see a few peeps have had a look. No one feel up to the job yet? If you know anyone that you think might be please please tell them. Thanks.

Also I was just checking out the WF Section module. Do you think this would be suitable/editable to fulfill my needs? Let me know - Thanks again - Rich

bb2120
  • 2006/5/21 15:49

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

It's a big ask... How much money would you be prepared to offer for entire job? I don't have the knowledge myself, but there are certainly a few here that do...

wizanda
  • 2006/5/21 16:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok a quick look thru that doesn't look that hard....

You will need:
User pages module
Subscriptions module
Better on the newer XOOPS version, as you will possibly need cutom registrations,

You can have a look at oneness out of my site, the only thing it doesn't have is the subscriptions as its a charity based site.

There is users points and quite a lot of what you are speaking about, if you are going for a myspace with subscriptions as it sounds....

Also the menus is not a problem use multimenu, and as I found you can use context menus, meaning it is a menu you make that is right clickable to bring up...#

This can be selected to a group which you set in admin 1st so allowing your extra groups, with extra feature also done on my site..

You have a second side menu when logged in for easier use of main members features that have changable features...

Any more help ask...

Hullprod
  • 2006/5/21 18:45

• Hullprod

• Just popping in

Hey, thanks for replying your advice is worth it's weight. Good one. Im still gunna leave this topic going until it's packed out a bit. I really want to find the right person for the job. Anyone who has a flair for design would also be good.

Oh and on answering your question above im willing to pay about £100.00 if someone can fully visulise what im talking about. Bear in mind I will be doing everything apart from the coding (graphics + design) unless someone feels so confident they could transform a series of Photoshop layouts exactly into a working site, in which case Im willing to pay alot more. Im sure standard modules will need to be hacked out a bit for the job but free advice is always welcome!

Thanks - Rich

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits