Thorsain
Login ?
  • 2006/5/21 8:52

• Thorsain

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/28

Hey !

I will start with tell ya all im sorry, i dont think this is the right place to post but i really dont know where to post.

I have searched and searched but cant find an answer to my problem.

What i want.
------------
I will have more groups in XOOPS like this guest, registered, member, and so on.....

My problem is that the member group i have to give them that access this because i want a secure part of the webpage where i decide who gets in and not....

And all this groups are they sharing the user for forum ?
or do they have to login twice ?

Sorry for the bad explenation and sorry im a noob on XOOPS but im learning every day and its ecvellent easy to maintain instead of editing html page every time you have to change something.

Hope somebody can tell me what mod i need or if its possiblem... im using cbb forum (or i shal) sorry to say i wanted phpbb cause i like it but cant find any mod for that.
Using XOOPS 2.0.13 i think it says. but anyway 2.0 it is....

Thx in advance for help.

Bender
Re: Login ?
  • 2006/5/21 11:05

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Generally you start with giving groups the rights to access certain modules where you also create the different groups.
(System Admin - Groups)

Based on these the user will be able to access a module or not.

Then some modules offer finer permissions inside. For example in cbb you can set permissions for every single forum.

Now lets say you have forum1 and forum2 then you could set forum1 to be accessible (and shown to) for one group or more and forum2 for other groups.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

davidl2
  • 2006/5/21 12:21

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Phpbb can be found at http://www.bbpixel.com - but I don't recommend its use. It's not a native XOOPS module, and therefore requires usage of hacks, making it tricker to update when you update your XOOPS core.

CBB has almost everything phpbb has - and is a native XOOPS code (and is programmed by a XOOPS core developer ) - so is a much better choice personally.

Thorsain
  • 2006/7/13 10:45

• Thorsain

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/28

Thx for the help m8's and yes i will not use phpbb i will take your advice and use cbb instead :)

Login

Who's Online

509 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 509

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits