tama68nz
reorder blocks
  • 2006/5/21 6:02

• tama68nz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/21

how do i reorder blocks - puting them letft , center and right is not a problem.

however my problem is moving the blocks up or down.

thanks in advance.

Bender
Re: reorder blocks
  • 2006/5/21 7:34

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

All blocks displayed on a specific page are sorted by their weight.

You can set the weight in the blocks manager.
(System admin - Blocks)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

tama68nz
  • 2006/5/21 8:29

• tama68nz

• Just popping in

yes - ive tried moving them fromtheir - i dont understand how to make the appropriate changes....

how do i move blocks down and up.....thank u

lucky_phd
  • 2006/5/21 9:34

• lucky_phd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I will try to explain as simple as possible. If you want to arange blocks on your home page (it is the same for all other pages) go to admin then blocks. On each block You will see weight. If You writte 1 that block will be first on your home page. If you put 2 it will be second. This is for blocks whitch are put on the same side (like left, center etc.).
If you have for an exampel three blocks A,B and C, and you want to put them all on left side...then if you want that block A is first write on weight window 1. If B bolck is second writte 2 etc.
I hope that I expalind!
First Serbian flyfishing website
www.musicarenje.org

terrion
  • 2006/5/21 9:48

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I remember when I first discovered Xoops. It was one of the first CMS systems I played with. The concept of Weight (or order) was brand new to me. Hope the following is of value to you:

Here's a synonym: Weight = Order. Along that line of thinking small numbers appear first, followed by larger numbers.

It was explained to me that the Heavier the block (the larger number in weight or order) the lower the block would be.

So a block with a weight of 50 (or an order of 50) would appear above a block of 60 (because it's weight was lighter) and below a block of 40 (because the block with a weight of 50 would be heavier than the 40.)

I've also learned that it's good to set your "order" or "weight" in increments of 10 or so. If you number them 1,2,3,4,5 it's hard to insert a block without renumbering the whole column.

If you number them 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc, then later on discover you need to insert a block it's very easy to insert a block.

By just making your new block have a weight (or order) of 35, for example it's very convienient when trying to insert between the blocks with a weight of 30 and 40.

Hope this helps,
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

tama68nz
  • 2006/5/22 4:48

• tama68nz

• Just popping in

exactly what i was after - thanks everyone.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits