maddog_chris
Re: Multisite HACK for 2.2.3 Final

Hi Deepy, and Everyone.

Yes I found that out after many times screaming at my PC.

When I had the Groups permissions tables shared, site1 worked okay, but when I went onto site2, site2 had some modules working which had not been installed in site2, and when I went into the group permissions and removed them, they removed okay and site2 was now working. Which made me happy.

But when I logged back into site1, the modules I removed in site2 did not show, so I went into the group permission, and put them back, I spent a good 2 hours going round in circles.

So I found it better not to share the Group tables, as my sites don't always have the same modules installed, so now by not sharing the group tables, I can now install a module in site2, and set the permissions for site2, and the tables for site1 stay as they are set for site1.

And like I said before, before changing anything in the shared tables, always backup your database, as you can spend 4 hours working on your site getting it to work, and one simple mistake can in just 1 min, can cause you a whole load of pain when your sites stop working.

maddog_chris

Hi Deepy and anyone,

Just one quick problem, I installed Xosc on one of my subsites, and it installed okay, and shows up okay, except the images don't show, and the links to the images, and the clickable links display:

"mydomain/modules/osC/OSC_URL/modules/osC/ etc.

I managed to cure this problem by editing the configure.php file and changing the define xoops_url to the xoops_rescue_url, as I changed in the mainfile.php

When I goto click on any of the test products though, I just get a white screen, I have put the debug on, and I get:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant PROJECT_VERSION - assumed 'PROJECT_VERSION' in file modules/osC/includes/languages/english/index.php line 13

Any ideas how I cure these white screen, and get the module working.

Regards

Chris

draj
  • 2006/5/18 0:28

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo Chris!

Since I do not use oSC, I cannot help you. Also this thread is wrong to place such a message amd is not related. I advise you to place it again with anathor title so that your message comes in the limelight and other users may be able to help.

maddog_chris

Hi Deepy

Thanks for that, I placed it here because I used Xosc before without a problem, so I wondered if it had anything to do with multisite.

I will pose this under XOSC.

Regards

Chris

draj
  • 2006/5/18 16:02

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hello Chris!

I have difficulties to remember. I think I did install the oSC Module under multisite, though not sure. Since I did install many many XOOPS websites, I do get confused.

I think it worked after when the multisite got going.

The version was perhaphs before the latest one. However, I can check it out for you, if you do not come further.

The reason why your problem should come in as a seperate message would ALSO because if someone who has similar problem would be easily identify the solution, if you sort it out.

sceilig
  • 2006/6/18 9:02

• sceilig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/1 1

Deepy or anyone else,
I realize this thread is for the Multisite Hack for 2.2.3 but what changes would need to be made to get it to work for 2.2.4. I think you mentioned that for instance the includes/common.php file would have changes but I couldnt really see the changes between the common.php for the Hack and the one for 2.2.4?

I would dearly love to be able to get the hack working for 2.2.4 so I can start to experiment with just how far I can go with the hack i.e. managing hundreds of sites from a single source code, handling the domain parking correctly and tweaking the table sharing to meet my needs.

If I knew what the steps were in how the hack/xoops interprets a site/subsite and serves up the relevant content, I could probably delve into the code myself and find out where my problem is.

draj
  • 2006/6/18 12:28

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo!

Quote:

sceilig wrote:
Deepy or anyone else,
I realize this thread is for the Multisite Hack for 2.2.3 but what changes would need to be made to get it to work for 2.2.4. I think you mentioned that for instance the includes/common.php file would have changes but I couldnt really see the changes between the common.php for the Hack and the one for 2.2.4?

I would dearly love to be able to get the hack working for 2.2.4 so I can start to experiment with just how far I can go with the hack i.e. managing hundreds of sites from a single source code, handling the domain parking correctly and tweaking the table sharing to meet my needs.

If I knew what the steps were in how the hack/xoops interprets a site/subsite and serves up the relevant content, I could probably delve into the code myself and find out where my problem is.

Did you find the files that have changes in it from 2.2.3? Sinply use a good utility to compare the files. I suggest:

http://www.Ghisler.com

First mark the files. You can have the 2.2.4 on the left and new/multisite files for 2.2.3 on the right. Then apply the changes or transport the changes marked in the red, as vilualised in the windows/total commander.

There are some files that have very minimal difference.

I do not have the time to play with it, unfortunately. But if you are successful, do post it here. However, as said by the developers, I would rather wait for the newer 2.3 and hope that there is also a multisite. I can however imagine, that the concepts in many areas would be different and using multisite wold paralise you in the update that you cant update at all.

sceilig
  • 2006/6/18 18:30

• sceilig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/1 1

Hmm....I would probably spend ages trying to get it working for 2.2.4 and with much hairpulling and frustration.

I would be willing to pay for someone to get the multisite hack working for my system and with what my needs are for managing many subsites from a single source code with either 1 or many databases.

Either that or to contract out a project where someone builds a multisite module for my needs at whatever the going programming rate is for creating such a module/hack.

Anyone interested or know of a good place where I could post this project to XOOPS freelancers?

zimmi88
  • 2006/8/19 7:06

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

The only contrasting file between Multisite 2.2.3 and the upgrade from 2.2.3a to 2.2.4 is kernel/profilefield.php. I'm finishing up a crosscheck right now between the files in 2.2.3, 2.2.4, and Multisite. As far as I can see, there are three lines that need to be edited for compatibility.

I'll finish the crosscheck up and see if I can find someplace to put the file up at tomorrow. When I have it up and I have thouroughly tested it for blatent errors, I'll let ya all know.

-zimmi88 =)
"Need coffee, keep away..."

zimmi88
  • 2006/9/3 5:12

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

PLEASE READ NOTE AT BOTTOM BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO YOUR FILES!

Okay, from my analysis of the file, the lines that need to be changed in the kernel/profilefield.php file are:

LINE 343:
Change
if (!empty($force_update) || !file_exists(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields.tmp")) {

to
if (!empty($force_update) || !file_exists(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields".XOOPS_SITE_ID.".tmp")) {

LINE 346:
Change
$s implode("", @file(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields.tmp"));

to
$s implode("", @file(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields".XOOPS_SITE_ID.".tmp"));

LINE 567:
Change
$fp fopen(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields.tmp""w");

to
$fp fopen(XOOPS_CACHE_PATH."/profilefields".XOOPS_SITE_ID.".tmp""w");

PLEASE NOTE!!!
These changes have not been thouroughly tested yet. Please check them on a test site first before taking them live! I make no gurantees that this will work correctly or suit your needs.

Also, if you do test these changes, please post back with your results. Thanks!

-zimmi88 =)
"Need coffee, keep away..."

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 160

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!