rennevat
Custom contact form for members/users that hides recipient email?
  • 2006/5/5 15:41

• rennevat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/30

I would like to have a very simple contact form using xoopsmembers which allows the public and other members to email individual members without revealing the member's email address.

I've attempted to duplicate the contact module but am experiencing numerous errors. I've done searches but am only finding other modules with extensive features that I don't need.

Is there a way to do this by modifying the recipient info within index.php and contactform.php within the contact module so it is replaced with the specific member's email?

Thanks in advance.

rabideau
Re: Custom contact form for members/users that hides recipient email?
  • 2006/5/5 15:57

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Have you tried the liaise module???

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=83&lid=1465

It might do what you want.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

rennevat
  • 2006/5/5 19:41

• rennevat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/30

Unfortunately, Liaise and Formulaire both require group settings for email selections. No individual user email option.

I copied the Contacts module and renamed it Contact Members and installed it via admin.

I've added the following to contact.php on line 42:
$contact_form->addElement(new XoopsFormHidden("$email_user", $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];

and included the following in index.php:

$email_user = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
$xoopsMailer->setToEmails($email_user);

But whatever I attempt, I get either one of the following messages:

XOOPS root path not defined
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /home/wildlife/public_html/modules/contactmbr/contact.php on line 42

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sceilig
  • 2006/5/16 3:18

• sceilig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/1 1

Rennevat,
If you include the source code of that contact.php file, we can troubleshoot what the parse error is.

As for having a form where the general public can email users, I made a copy of pmlite.php from the Private Messages module and hacked it so it could do just that.
Instead of the message getting sent as a private message, I have it being emailed to the user. The email address never shows up as the popup window for sending the message only refers to their user id.
The anonymous user enters their Name and Email Address which then would show up in the email sent to the user.

I wouldnt feel comfortable releasing the code to the general XOOPS public until any holes and bugs in the code were reviewed in detail and I dont really have the time to do that right now. But I could PM you if you wanted more info on it.

My hack is on top of a highly hacked version of xmmemberstats where the general public can view/search a list of all members but to contact them, they have to fill out the popup window. If the member was logged in, they would be able to send them a private message instead, with the member being notified via email as well that they have a private message.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits