juanjo
Inserting custom blocks in custom pages... or something similar
  • 2006/5/5 11:40

• juanjo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/20

Hi all xoopers!
I thought I had asked this some months ago and I have had it in mind but let's see if there is a possible answear to my question.
I have created a web page with news (news module), a calendar (extcal) and pictures (myalbum).
I have news , events and pics about, let's say baseball and trips.
Both types of activities are quite independent, but I want a module for all (in the example both) activities, so I can show "any" news in a spotlight block in the main page.

I would like to create an access to each activity, so I could display in a webpage the recent contents with pictures about baseball, the next events about baseball and also the last news about baseball. In another webpage I would put just the same about trips. I have categories created for each one.
Do you have any idea how I could implement all these things in xoops? Is there a general way so I do not need to create a very explicit content but just refer to the categories I need to load in a webpage?

Thank you very much in advance,
Juanjo

PS: I would not mind about coding if that was necessary to create what I need. I do not have much idea about smarty but do not have any problems with php/mysql.

Will_H
Re: Inserting custom blocks in custom pages... or something similar
  • 2006/5/5 22:54

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I tel you how I do it

First off I use AMS, swear by it. Great spotlight block. Very easy to add on as many blocks to it as you need. So you could have a block for your basketball news stories, a block for your trips, a block for julius ceasar etc. As many a you want. you can also assign weight to them for organizing.

For content I use the content module along with the new myiframe module. It may seem excessive but the iframe module is golden. You create the content (which you could display with the content module if you felt so inclined) then pull it through myIframe. You can also use the content module to wrap existing html pages withing your framework. Which means you can write it in metapad and upload it easily.

Basically all you will need to do is a little layout/style coding in the content.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits