sundog_279
Invision power board, can I replace existing forum and other questions
  • 2006/5/3 15:22

• sundog_279

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/2 3

I already have the standard forum plugged in and was not happy with the fact that once you enter a topic the individual posts were only visible as titles.

Downloaded the IVP module, unpacked it and although the admin board recognises that something is there it has no title, there are warnings saying the module file was not found. Then when the unnamed module is installed it claims the module already exists and the orinal module is all that turns up

Is this even meant to go into the modules? I will be happy to change the way the forum posts are displayed so that a whole thread shows up in the page at once rather than titles. I have looked in the forums but I am probably searching for the wrong keywords.

Apart from that. Great software!

CouchMonkey
Re: Invision power board, can I replace existing forum and other questions

I had that same problem too. XOOPS defaults to the "threaded view". You need to change it to a "flat view". Instructions on how to do that can be found in this FAQ:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=355

sundog_279
Re: Invision power board, can I replace existing forum and other questions
  • 2006/5/3 18:39

• sundog_279

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/2 3

Thanks for that. I had to go to my account file and in the choices for comments. The pages you sent me too didnt actually cover that, they described a query in phpmyadmin (something I had never heard of until now, I tried but too complex right now) but also told me to go to the general preferences and change the "default comment mode" to flat. My problem had been that I had not associated the comment mode to the posts in the forum.

Thanks for that, much appreciated

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits