PocketLnt
Can I turn off the automatic e-mail address formatting feature?
  • 2006/5/3 15:00

• PocketLnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/19

Greetings.

I've searched through the various support forums and FAQs here, but I've yet to be able to find a way to disable a certain feature inherent in the XOOPS software.

I am the webmaster forhttp://www.teamhackaday.com, a group of Hack-a-Day readers who participate in Stanford's Folding@Home project. We run XOOPS as the main portal for the site, and I've noticed a small annoyance that crops up due to our project's name.

It seems that whenever I use the term "Folding@Home" on the site the XOOPS logic picks this phrase up as an e-mail address and formats it as a link to "mailto:Folding@Home". While this does not effect my site all that much it's still an annoyance as this crops up in every news post, download/link description, and every where else that the term Folding@Home is used on the site.

With this in mind, is there any possible way to disable this automatic e-mail address formatting feature? Anyone's help is most appreciated and I will give any further information if neccessary. Thank you.

PocketLnt
Re: Can I turn off the automatic e-mail address formatting feature?
  • 2006/6/23 14:15

• PocketLnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/19

After a thorough game of hide-and-seek I finally found out how to disable this feature. Note that this will cause all mailto tags to not automatically format unless explicitly specified in the XOOPS code.

The offending file can be found at class/ module.textsanitizer.php

On or around line 131 there should be a function called makeClickable. Within this function there are two ararys: $patterns and $replacements.

Comment out the last element of both the $patterns and $replacements arrays. Be sure to close off the array with the appropriate ); if you've commented out those characters.

Save the file and repload your webpage. The modification should take effect immidiately and you shoudl not have to do the whole clear out templates_c and reload the System module dance.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits