zzzzsg
Display "Category" next to topic Nagivation Box - makeSelBox
  • 2006/4/12 0:30

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/22

Hi All

I am using XOOPS 2.2.4 (upgraded from XOOPS 2.2.3 - although it still shows 2.2.3).

I am quite happy with Xoops, but have this very small wish.

I want to display the word "Category" next to the Nagivation Box at the top of the News page.

I tried tweaking the makeSelBox function in /class/tree.php but couldn't get it to display the word "Category" next to the select box.

Without the word "Category", new users will know what the Topic select box is for. Likewise for the no. of articles per page select box.

Can somebody help?

Thank you.

gui

msdana
Re: Display "Category" next to topic Nagivation Box - makeSelBox
  • 2006/4/12 0:45

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Since I'm definitely not a coder, I found the easiest way to do this was to edit the template and put your text into the template. Probably the poor man's way, but it worked for me I'd love to find out how to do it the proper myself!

BTW, it's probably still saying 2.2.3 because you haven't changed the footer in your preferences. Just a guess....

HTH

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

zzzzsg
Re: Display "Category" next to topic Nagivation Box - makeSelBox
  • 2006/4/12 22:17

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/22

Hi msdana

Thank you for the reply, but I am not familiar with templates. Are you referring to the templates in the News module? I looked at them and they didn't seem to have the select box for News navigation. Or is it the XOOPS template? Where do I find the template for the News navigation select box?

Regards

gui

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits