irmtfan
xoops 2.2+ : cant find a disable user
  • 2006/4/1 5:00

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

there is no way to find a disable user in search of profile module or search in system --> find user.

Chappy
Re: xoops 2.2+ : cant find a disable user
  • 2006/4/1 6:09

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Go to admin|modules|the "Your profile" module (it must be installed).

Under the "user" tab, you will see near the uppsermost part of the page a section titled, "Edit User." Click the "Search Link". A pop-up window will come up. Search for the user you are looking for. Hit enter. It will reload the pop-up with links for the users it found.

Now, select the user you want, and click add me. You are taken back to the prior page you were at before the pop-up. Now, in the drop-down box, you'll see the name of the user you are trying to delete. Also, it has to form labls to either edit the user or delete the user.

Again, you have to have the User Profile module installed to do this. It is a separate module from the system module...

It is my undertanding that the user profile thing was to be fixed in the next versions. I think it was hoped that it would be fixed pretty soon. But when 2.2 didn't go as planned, those who were using 2.2 were stuck with this extraordinarily convoluted method (other words may come to mind) of managing users. Having said that, the recognition is there that everyone is doing what they can. And, I can certainly live with that. Anyway, I hope that this helps. Someone else may have a less abstruse method of doing it but this is the only one I've heard about or found.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

irmtfan
Re: xoops 2.2+ : cant find a disable user
  • 2006/4/1 6:47

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

thanks
i forgot that section
but its a little hard to use that search
and there are only 3 fields in the search.
again thanks for your remind.

Login

Who's Online

496 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 496

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits