detroit
Admin cannot login
  • 2006/3/26 23:32

• detroit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/26

When I enter my admin login and password the site says the login is accepted but then it doesn't log me in. I can't access the administration pages at all. The login and password are correct, and there's no other sign of problems with the site.plz help

martyboy
Re: Admin cannot login
  • 2006/3/26 23:36

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

is it like its logging you in then logging you straight back out again? if so, then check your XOOPS database using phpmyadmin or cpanel there probably been some table not closed correctly, you can repair them using cpanel and it should work fine again, asuming thats what the problem is of course
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:04

• detroit

• Just popping in

sorry how to do it on control panel sorry i was late i am not there when u replied me

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:06

• detroit

• Just popping in

someone please help me

mclindy
  • 2006/3/27 3:26

• mclindy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

I have experienced your symptoms. I restored my database from a backup and that took care of the problem. In my case, it seems that the database got corrupted when I accidentally unplugged my server while I was logged into the site (yeah, yeah, I know). Hopefully that's not what happened to you.

I/we need more information:

Do you have physical access to the server?

Did the power to the server cut out unexpectedly?

Is this a new installation?

Did you recently install (or activate) a new module? Try to remember the last thing you did as administrator.

Do you have backups of your database? In the worst case scenario you can resore your database and it should work.

If you haven't been backing up your database, you might have just learned a valuable lesson the hard way. I have been using AutoMySQLBackup for a long time and I love it. There are others. Anyway, if you haven't been backing up you should install this and back up your database. There's also a module called Backpack to help you do this in the future.

Read the instructions for either or both of these carefully before you do anything!

The worst thing I can imagine is you'll have to make a new database and a new site, then copy everything from the modules, themes, etc. folders to the new site. Then you'll have to use phpmyadmin to copy the tables you want from the old database to the new one.

When this happened to me for some reason the only damage was that I couldn't log in. All of the other data was intact.

I hope this helps.

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:31

• detroit

• Just popping in

thanx for your information

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:32

• detroit

• Just popping in

we are running the site for almost 2 years now
and we have got no back up we need all the content.I have access to cpanel can i do something from there

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:34

• detroit

• Just popping in

as you guessed their i cannot physically access server it might have got disconnected

mclindy
  • 2006/3/27 3:37

• mclindy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

Is the server at your home or business or is it hosted?

detroit
  • 2006/3/27 3:40

• detroit

• Just popping in

it is hosted dedicated hosting from lunarpages

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits