terrion
Generating reports from the extended profiles module
  • 2006/1/1 17:56

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

The subject of creating meaningful reports based on the new data collection abilites of the Extended Profiles Module have come up a couple times recently with people I'm working with.

It is very nice to be able to create a new field or use an existing field in the users profile to collect data. But when I search on that field (using the search link in extended profiles) the results are pretty limited.

It would be nice if at least the value of the field used in the search was present on the output from that search.

I've played around a bit in phpMyAdmin but haven't really got the hang of querying from two or more tables to make a report.

Are there any plans for the development of a reporting capability for Xoops, or is this something that will be left up to module develpers?
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

jhphelan
Re: Generating reports from the extended profiles module
  • 2006/1/14 17:42

• jhphelan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/14

Please! It would be a Godsend. I need this. I want to generate a report showing the profile settings of my users.

aixos
Re: Generating reports from the extended profiles module
  • 2006/3/26 8:46

• aixos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/31

Hello,

we are working in a module extended profiles, in the version of XOOPS 224.

We want that when a search is made, it throws in the result all the associated fields of the search to the search of the field that has looked for.

Clarifying example We have the following fields:
Phone
name
Birthday
and more.........

The result is

I look for in the field the name of user and the email to me.

Since I do so that it shows all info to me of the user of fields of the search form. thanks

aixos

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits