simplesally
convert WF-Links database to Web Links

I have tried WF-Links and unfortunatley ran in to some serious bugs that seem to be gotten fixed any time soon. Therefore, I have decided to switch to WebLinks. My issue is that I have a large amount of links already input in to WF-Links (about 99 categories/subcategories) and quite a few links added already.

Is there any known system to be able to transfer the data form WF-Links to Web Links? The only method I can see is manually transferance of data between the tables. If that's the only option, then I might as well manually type in all the categories in to the Web Links system.

I appreciate any help/advice I can get.

McDonald
Re: convert WF-Links database to Web Links
  • 2006/3/19 19:03

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

You might try this version of WF-Links:http://members.lycos.nl/mcdonaldsstore/

This version has most of the known bugs fixed.

simplesally

I have tried that version. One main issue that I have is when I add a new link, WF-Links fails to save the description the first time around. I have to go back, "edit" the link I had just added, type in the description again. When I type in the description the second time (that is, via editing the link) and save the editing, WF-Links then saves the description I type in.

I have submitted this issue on the WF Projects forum as well as via their bug submission page on Source Forge. It has been about two months and no responses or fixes.

McDonald
  • 2006/3/19 19:14

• McDonald

• Home away from home

I am using the fixed version of WF-Links on my production website without having the problem you mentioned. Also by using XAMPP I can't reproduce the error.
What version of Xoops, PHP and MySQL are you using?

simplesally

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
I am using the fixed version of WF-Links on my production website without having the problem you mentioned. Also by using XAMPP I can't reproduce the error.
What version of Xoops, PHP and MySQL are you using?

XOOPs: 2.2.4
PHP: 4.4.2
MySQL: 4.1.18-standard-log
Server: Apache

McDonald
  • 2006/3/19 23:50

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Do you get any errors and/or notices when running in debug mode?

simplesally

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
Do you get any errors and/or notices when running in debug mode?

With PHP debug on, the following shows on the system configuration admin page:

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/tplset.php line 191
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 223
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 144
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/smartfaq/xoops_version.php line 320
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant visitname - assumed 'visitname' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 37
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant temps - assumed 'temps' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 38
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant tempsf - assumed 'tempsf' in file modules/xmonitor/index.php line 39

No errors on MySQL/Blocks debug. No errors on smart templates debug.

Could it have something to do with having the Protector module installed?

serf1
  • 2006/3/22 14:14

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

McDonald

Thanks for the link to the improved module. I was having some problems and that fixed it.

davidl2
  • 2006/3/22 14:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Excellent work McDonald!

McDonald
  • 2006/3/22 22:47

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Hello Simplesally,

None of the notices or the Protector module has to do with this.
The problem is another bug in WF-Links.
It only happens when adding a link from the admin side (Link Management).
If you use the submit option in the main menu on the front page this doesn't happen.

When I've found a fix for this bug I'll post it in the WF-Projects forum and update the corrected version of WF-Links too.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits