krewl
Button Images in forum
  • 2006/3/14 16:58

• krewl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

To change the buttons and style in the forum I need to edit the entire img src in the forums templates and the style css? Or replace the buttons themselves but that would mean all themes would use the buttons...

Is there a way to upload a folder with images within the chosen theme, then the forum uses those rather than default?
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

krewl
Re: Button Images in forum
  • 2006/3/17 16:01

• krewl

• Just popping in

I created all new images and uploaded to overwrite default.. this can't be the only way, but it's the only way I know how...
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

iHackCode

Quote:

krewl wrote:
To change the buttons and style in the forum I need to edit the entire img src in the forums templates and the style css? Or replace the buttons themselves but that would mean all themes would use the buttons...

Is there a way to upload a folder with images within the chosen theme, then the forum uses those rather than default?

with newbb or cbb you can make imagesets (that has images like post. post reply. quick reply .. etc.). and change the preferences in the module so it uses that imageset. but it wont change unless it is changed in the modules preferences.. (the easiest way to create an imageset is to copy the directory on the site from the \modules\newbb\images\imagesets\default directory and . once its downloaded on you computer make a new name for it.. and edit the images you want to look different. and upload that folder (the renamed folder) to the \modules\newbb\images\imagesets directory. and go in the module preferences (cbb/newbb) and change the imageset.)

or.. did you want it to change when the theme changes. i havent done this ..so this is just an idea. maybe a hack for newbb or cbb that modifies some functions so the image it looks for will be in the <{$xoops_imageurl}> directory (the current themes directory. so the images it looks for would be the images in the current themes directory.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

krewl
  • 2006/3/19 3:11

• krewl

• Just popping in

Hey, great idea.. I will play around with the tag and directories...
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits