Kumonryu_Kid
News 1.4 / Xoops 2.2.3

Hi All,

Quick question : I'm using XOOPS 223 on a local development platform (Easy PHP) and have jsut installed News 1.4 from the personal pack.

I've created 2 news blocks to show news items - but I want to switch each of these to show a different topic.

Is this possible to do this, and if so, can you please talk me through this?

Thanks,
Gareth
Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Kumonryu_Kid
Re: News 1.4 / Xoops 2.2.3

-bump - anyone?

tzvook
  • 2006/3/13 16:46

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

The easy answere is to search xoops.org for a moodule called "xmspotlight" ... still a beta but works fine ...
It'll give you the option of showing 4 news blocks (by your chosen subjects) ...
If you only need 2 , play a bit with the templates/blocks/news_block_xmspotlight.html file ....

another option is to make a few (2 for your needs) "new news posts" blocks, and to limit them (from the blocks admin) to your chosen subjects/categories ... (duplicated blocks only @ the 2.2.x series)

Kumonryu_Kid

Quote:

another option is to make a few (2 for your needs) "new news posts" blocks, and to limit them (from the blocks admin) to your chosen subjects/categories ... (duplicated blocks only @ the 2.2.x series)

This is what I am trying to do - can someone please point at the sequence of menu commands that will get me there?

Thanks,
Gareth

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits