Profondo
Videogames's portal
  • 2006/3/4 14:28

• Profondo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/4 1

Hi @ all!

In the first place sorry for my bad English. I am using a translator automatic rifle!

I am trying to make a vidoegames's portal with XOOPS, but the modules to try are many!
Can you advise some modules? I must make a gallery for the screenshots, a downloads's area, some personal pages, a list of the all games with a short description, a reviews and previews's area... ecc

THX!

davidl2
Re: Videogames's portal
  • 2006/3/4 14:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

Profondo wrote:
Hi @ all!

In the first place sorry for my bad English. I am using a translator automatic rifle!

I am trying to make a vidoegames's portal with XOOPS, but the modules to try are many!
Can you advise some modules? I must make a gallery for the screenshots, a downloads's area, some personal pages, a list of the all games with a short description, a reviews and previews's area... ecc

THX!

Hi - I'll give you some suggestions, but there are a few choices as you have seen.

Gallery - XoopsGallery is my personal favourite (http://www.xoopsgallery.com)

Downloads - WF-Downloads (soon to be renamed SmartDownload) - a new RC (release client) can be download at: http://www.smartfactory.ca (Please note this is not a FINAL release, but an "almost ready" release... I would recommend waiting for the Final version which is due soon.

Reviews - either SmartSection (from the SmartFactory) or Article from http://www.xoopsforge.com

Forum - CBB from http://www.xoopsforge.com

Also - I would recomend you use XOOPS 2.0.13.2

I hope this helps. Other people may suggest alternative modules.

Profondo
Re: Videogames's portal
  • 2006/3/4 16:18

• Profondo

• Just popping in

Why do you recomend me to use XOOPS 2.0.13.2?

davidl2
Re: Videogamess portal
  • 2006/3/6 14:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Due to changes made in the system, some modules will not work with 2.2.x

For greater compatibility, it will be better to use 2.0.13.2 - and this will give you the benefit of being able to upgrade to 2.3 when it is released... (users of 2.2 will have to wait until the release of 2.4 before updating)

Profondo
  • 2006/9/30 12:36

• Profondo

• Just popping in

How can i create an a games list?
For every game the principal information:
Title
Developed
Distributed
Genre
Number of Players
Release Date
ecc...

Will_H
  • 2006/9/30 16:42

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well first off I wanna say Great work so far on the site!

There are many modules out there that are great for the things you are trying to do.

Reviews - I am not sure if m0nty is still supporting this however. Although, I had used in when it first came out and was very pleased with it.

I personally am not satisfied with the current release of cbb, although it is native to XOOPS and requires the least amount of time to get going. I am actually using m0nty's xIPB module. Which is a full blown IPB forum system ported to work with the XOOPS cms. Its terrific! Mostly, I have found that it is beneficial in gamer communities to use a fancy feature rich bbs. It also comes with a really nice PM system to replace the default blaze XOOPS pm system. You can find this module HERE -Note I will only reccomend that you use XOOPS 2.0.15 as it is the most recent version. If you need xIPB for a different version of XOOPS you will have to scour bbpixel forums.

Anywho, hope that helps and best of luck with your project.

davidl2
  • 2006/9/30 19:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

That's a very nice looking site!

Good work!

Login

Who's Online

551 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 551

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits