Kumonryu_Kid
Data Structure - advice needed?

Having just posted a comment about using another CMS in a different thread, I have been wondering if I can use XOOPS for this after all.

This site will be for a national club made up of regional clubs. There will be two main sections - News and Articles. News is easier so I will go through that first.

I will need the following categories

National News
National Club News
Show News
NE Club News
SE Club News
S Club News
W Club News
etc..

On the front page I will want to display the news component shwoing all of these categories. However, I need to set up a page for each club which will also contain a news component showing ONLY the news from that club. I believe this may be possible by cloning the News block, but am unsure what steps I would need to take to do this.

The articles section runs along the same lines as news but with more categories - shows, events, visits, set-ups, etc with the home page to show the latest articles, and each clubs page only to show the articles from their own club, but in all of the different categories.

I do not want to go as far as installing multiple sites for this.

Any suggestions on how to create a separate page for each club (ideally running from a separate menu) would also be gratefully recieved.

I would be grateful for anyone's comments on how this may be possible using the core system, or alternatively suggestions for other modules that may be able to be used in this fashion.

Many thanks,
Gareth
Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Kumonryu_Kid
Re: Data Structure - advice needed?

-bump-

No-one? Guess this really isn't possible then.

Watdehek
  • 2006/3/1 11:05

• Watdehek

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/2/21

Take a look at MultiMenu, you can build a custom menu for each club with a link to the News category for that specific club.

davidl2
  • 2006/3/1 11:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And then using a custom group for each area, you could even control content based on the group - including a main block on the homepage.

Kumonryu_Kid

Surely a custom group will restrict those who can see the items to the members of that group? This is not needed - everybody should be able to see these items, but they should be organised under one the categories to allow them to be found easier?

Watdehek
  • 2006/3/1 12:28

• Watdehek

• Friend of XOOPS

In that case, you onmly need MultiMenu....

Check this site, in the main menu you see a link "Rehoming" which connects to a specific News category.

The menu "Information" is build with MultiMenu. It links to TinyContent pages, but you also can create links to News categories.

So you can create a menu for each club, and add submenus which link to the News category and other items that are for that club.

Kumonryu_Kid

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

That's a real nice site you've sent the link to - real professional looking.

Watdehek
  • 2006/3/2 10:00

• Watdehek

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks!

Hope you'll find a solution for what you need, because XOOPS is a great CMS!

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits