rlankford
CBB 3 Moderator Bug??
  • 2006/2/24 19:23

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 & CBB 3.01.

I cannot add anybody as a moderator to my forums from the Edit Forum administrator screen. I have close to 400 members on my site. I click the 'list' button under moderators. I select one or more people from the list and click 'add'. Nothing happens!

Does anyone else have this problem or have any idea on how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance...

khuhner
Re: CBB 3 Moderator Bug??
  • 2006/2/25 4:12

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

Quote:

I cannot add anybody as a moderator to my forums from the Edit Forum administrator screen. I have close to 400 members on my site. I click the 'list' button under moderators. I select one or more people from the list and click 'add'. Nothing happens!

Works for me...and I'm using the same XOOPS and cbb as you. When you click the name and select "Add" the user's name gets populated on to the Eidt FOrum page under moderators. The "list" screen doesnt notify you. Be sure to check the Moderators field on the Edit Forum page.

rlankford
  • 2006/2/25 13:58

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

khuhner wrote:
Quote:

Works for me...and I'm using the same XOOPS and cbb as you. When you click the name and select "Add" the user's name gets populated on to the Eidt FOrum page under moderators. The "list" screen doesnt notify you. Be sure to check the Moderators field on the Edit Forum page.

Yeah, I don't think that's happening for me. Unfortunately, the site is at work behind the firewall, so I can't fiddle with it now. Do you think it could be a browser issue? I use Firefox. Maybe I should try this in IE?

...of course, I'm just stabbing in the dark now...

Thanks for the response!

rlankford
  • 2006/2/27 13:50

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

Well, guess what? It was a browser issue!

I ended up completely removing the forum and installing it again on my site. Trying to add a moderator still didn't work!

I then tried it in Internet Explorer -- presto! Now it works.

So, in summary:

IE 6: Good

Firefox 1.5: Bad

Well, good and bad in this single example anyway ;)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look though...

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits