xKillswitchx
phpBB /IPB Integration Question

Is there any way to integrate PhpBB / IPB without the forum showing up on the actual content area of a XOOPS site?

I have a small content area, and would like it if registered users didnt have to register again to participate on the forums, but want to forums to be their own thing.

I recently used the forum module that XOOPS came with, but it shows up on the main content area. Is there any way to make it link to a seperate style and template?

If it helps, Im on 2.0.12.1 ( I know I should update ) and a linux server. Thanks for all the help.

davidl2
Re: phpBB /IPB Integration Question
  • 2006/2/26 23:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

You can hide any module by setting the position to "zero" in the modules menu.

Hacks for several forums can be found at: www.bbpixel.com - we have used the IPB one on the wf-projects site in the past.

The only problem with the hacked forums is that you cannot update XOOPS immediately - but have to wait for a suitable hack to be created first.. please bear this in mind.

Obviously the usual advice of backing up first goes without saying

xKillswitchx
Re: phpBB /IPB Integration Question

I have it hidden now. What I am trying to get to happen, is when a user clicks to visit the forums, the forums dont show up on the main content area, like they do here, but as something on their own, like if I installed PHPBB seperatly.

Thanks for all the help david

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits