brengalba
Place module inside another module folder?
  • 2006/2/23 17:24

• brengalba

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/8 3

Okay this is my issue:

I am creating a community website focused on a local area with news, forums, articles, blogs, weather etc etc etc.

I am using MultiMenu and SmartSections for the navigation and content management. I've discovered multimenu has some issues regarding dynamic link recognition and sorting them properly.

Basically what's happening is I have links set out in sections with Dynamic sublinks under them. The sublinks have a mix of URLs and directories they link to, so each category within the menu might have sublinks to 3-5 different modules.

Example:
Main Link--/modules/tinycontent/file.php
Dynamic Sublink--/modules/tinycontent/xxxx
"" Sublink--/submit.php
"" Sublink--/modules/custom/filename.php
Main Link--/modules/main-link-name
Dynamic Sublink--/register.php
"" Sublink--/modules/tinycontent/xxx111
"" Sublink--/modules/custom/otherfile.php

The problem I'm running into is that if I were to click on the 1st Main Link, then all sublinks in the entire menu which link to /tinycontent/ will open. The other problem I'm having is that when you click on a sublink that is not under the same directory as the main link, it closes the entire menu tree.

I found a solution of sorts in creating "custom module folders" for each menu section and then just wrapping html pages into each for the menu items to link to. This has worked perfectly so far.

Okay, so now my question is this...could it be possible to wrap certain portions of a modules content into another folder. For example, could I somehow wrap the SmartSections category 'Current News' into its own 'modules/currentnews/' folder so that when the Main link is clicked ONLY the current news tree opens?

Maybe cloning? But then wouldn't that cause issues with user submissions?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bren
http://www.outerbankslive.com

Login

Who's Online

412 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 412

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits