glenatuf
1and1 path confusion during Xoops install gives blank page error.
  • 2004/12/28 5:09

• glenatuf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

Hey folks. I hope I'm not asking inappropriately here, but I've done some searching and didn't find anything to help me our yet. Here's my situation:

I've got 1and1 as my webhost and I installed the most recent version of XOOPS (2.0.9). This is my first time installing this package, and have no experience with it or any other CMS. I installed XOOPS by using the "html" directory included in the XOOPS zip that I downloaded. I discarded the other directories. I then ran through the install.php via the web. I was sure that everything I entered was correct except for one thing: The XOOPS root path. Every check that the install script did came back with passing results.

My confusion relating to the XOOPS root path is the fact that it detected the following value:

/homepages/39/d1 ... /htdocs/liberalthreads

while i figured the "pwd" command under ssh would present me with the correct value which was:

/kunden/homepages/39/d1 ... /htdocs/liberalthreads

Note that the only difference is the /kunden at the beginning. Anyone got any input on which is the correct value?

My current status is that without debugging errors on, I get blank pages for all the phps, except admin (which I dont have access to) and header and footer (which I don't think im supposed to be able to see anyway)

My efforts so far:

I turned on debugging "E_ALL", and I tried the original configuration for root path for which it gave me the following error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/homepages/39/ ... /htdocs/liberalthreads/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/39/ ... /htdocs/liberalthreads/class/template.php on line 38

I then went on to change the root path in "mainfile.php" to include the /kunden mentioned above. This setup gave me the following error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/kunden/homepages/39/ ... /htdocs/liberalthreads/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/39/ ... /htdocs/liberalthreads/class/template.php on line 38

The thing that struck me wierd about this error message is that it included the /kunden when it mentioned the file it wanted, but NOT when it mentioned where it was looking. Am I wrong in changing the mainfile.php to update the path?

Any suggestions?

glenatuf
Re: 1and1 path confusion during Xoops install gives blank page error.
  • 2005/1/14 1:19

• glenatuf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

I got this fixed. It turned out that upon unzipping the XOOPS 2.0.9 archive two files for smarty lost their capital first letters. Smarty.something.something turned into smarty.something.something....Thanks to a patient 1and1 support person it got fixed.

The problem was embarassing to have someone else find, but I didn't expect that from it right out of the box.

neteasy
  • 2005/1/19 20:32

• neteasy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/24

god!!! I spent 2 hours and couldn't figure out this problem! This is exactly what was happening. Thank You!

charpres
  • 2006/2/21 23:17

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

This "kunden" issue still shows up with trying to get GI Joe's autologin hack work with XOOPS 2.2.x

In some situations, you have to add "/kunden" to the mainfile.php root directory entry in order to get the hack to work.

Just thought I would add this tidbit so searches on "kunden" get the full scoop.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits