tazeo
Multiple copies of same Module
  • 2006/2/21 5:48

• tazeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/16

Probably trying to soak up too much at once and have probably read the answer but it hasn't stuck, But...

Is it possible to run a few seperate copies of the same module? That is I would like to use say forums accross a few groups, but don't want them seeing eachothers posts.

jegelstaff
Re: Multiple copies of same Module

With regard to a forum module, and most other types of modules you'd be likely to use, you can configure them in such a way that each group has access to different forums (or different news topics, or different downloads categories, etc).

That's all done by setting up the groups you need, and then creating topics/forums/categories/whatever for each group, and then assigning permissions appropriately so the right groups only see their own stuff.

Depending on the complexity of your group structure, this can become a management challenge.

To actually duplicate modules, so you have more than one copy of the same module in your site, check out this FAQ:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=274

I don't think that's really what you're after though.

Good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

davidl2
  • 2006/2/21 9:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

You can clone a module if it has been designed to be cloned, and in that case it will come with instructions on how to do this - but in most cases there is no need to - a careful usage of permissions will achieve the same effect.

If you can advise on which modules you mean - it will give us a better idea of how to help?

tazeo
  • 2006/2/21 22:49

• tazeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/16

Thanks for the help.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits