e-u-l-o-g-y
MyAlbum-P creates crappy thumbnails?

Hi!
I'm having problems with myalbum-p's thumbnails - they seem a bit off in the colors, a bit desaturated. Have anyone else experienced this?

terrion
Re: MyAlbum-P creates crappy thumbnails?
  • 2006/2/20 16:37

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

In the MyAlbum-P Module Preferences switch Package Treating Images (3rd option down) to NetPBM. You will then have to Rebuild Thumbnails using the menu in the Modules pulldown.

Let us know how it goes.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

e-u-l-o-g-y

hmmm.. I'm not sure I can install anyone of those on the final webserver.. Is it GD2 that makes the images so crappy looking?

e-u-l-o-g-y

Strange.. Somehow I cannot edit the original post!?

Anyway.. I found out that I can use ImageMagick on the server, but I'm still wondering.. are the images supposed to look like this when they're converted using GD2? The colors are totally off:
Resized Image

e-u-l-o-g-y

Found the problem...
I was reading the GD library faq, and it seems that Myalbum has a little bug:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html

Quote:
Why do my JPEG thumbnails have missing colors with gd 2.0.x?
When creating truecolor images, you need to call gdImageCreateTrueColor, not gdImageCreate. This used to "work" in gd 1.x, but only in the sense that gd 1.x had no support for real truecolor at all, so it faked it by dithering your image. gd 2.x supports real truecolor, and also has a better way of reducing to palette color when you really want to do that; see the gdImageTrueColorToPalette function -- but you don't need it for this job. PHP and Perl programmers: the function names for you are similar, just leave off the gd prefix.

So chainging line 134 in myalbum\admin\functions.php to this will handle the problem:
//$dst_img = imagecreate( $new_w , $new_h ) ;
$dst_img imagecreatetruecolor$new_w $new_h ) ;

e-u-l-o-g-y

Ooops.. stupid me.. there is a setting that fixes this.. just make it force usage of GD2

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits