msdana
Image Manager won't upload files
  • 2006/2/13 13:09

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I'm having issues with Image Manager (in all modules, everywhere).

When I select the Image Manager icon, it pops up a new window, like it should. I then click on a category and the Add Image File appears, like it should. But then, I can't upload anything, I get the window looking like this:

Resized Image

My permissions are set in the Images section. Is there another place to set permissions (there seem to be ALOT of permission areas).

Thanks in advance!

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

McDonald
Re: Image Manager won't upload files
  • 2006/2/13 13:24

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

You can't upload to Image Manager.

First go to Misc.Tools -> Images.
Create a category and set the permissions here. You can alter the category later by editing the category.
Add an image to the category and set Display Image to Yes.

Now with the Image Manager you can select the image into your editor. Some editors like Kiovi have problems with the standard XOOPS Image Manager.

msdana
  • 2006/2/13 13:29

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

A category has been set and permissions have been set.

Quote:
You can't upload to Image Manager.

huh? What does Add an Image mean? Plus, I'm able to add an image on another site using the same version (which I forgot to mention in my first post, sorry). The images section even goes into detail about permissions (uploading).

Xoops 2.2.4
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

McDonald
  • 2006/2/13 19:14

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Sorry about that, never used that function of the image manager before.
If I look at the screenshot it looks like there are no categories. If you have categories the width of the field before 'go' expands normally.
It might be worth looking at the settings for image dimensions and filesize too.

msdana
  • 2006/2/14 0:44

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

yes, there are categories, I was trying to skip a picture. This is the first window that pops up:

Resized Image

Then, after selecting a category and click on Add an Image, this is what happens:

Resized Image

It doesn't even let me browse for an image like my other site does. The image dimensions and file size are fine.

msdana
  • 2006/2/15 0:56

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

bump

jdseymour

I think you are using windows server. Right?

Check that the built in IUSER (Internet user) has permissions set on the folder. Even if the file is set to non read only, this built in account still needs permissions on that directory for it to operate properly.

Can't think really of anything else that may cause this.

Oh, the folder in question is the uploads folder.

msdana
  • 2006/2/15 1:17

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Yep, I'm on Windows and everything is set properly. Since it works properly on another site, would it be possible to copy the necessary files over to the non-working one? If so, what files should I move, do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

330 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 330

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits