tourguide
My Links Module
  • 2006/2/9 14:57

• tourguide

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/9 1

I have installed the XOOPS with all modules, and the installation was successful, the site ran smooth without problems, actually it still does with the exception of the following problem;

1) First, I chose from the administration menu ;
Preferences > System > General Settings > Module for your start page > Image Gallery (which is XOOPS gallery module)

2) Later, I changed the Module for start page from Image Gallery to My Links which loads everytim when you visit the site. This change was successfully done. It worked perfectly.

3) Now the problem; When one goes to my web site, as "My Links" is the start module the site loads with latest listings as it should, but in the latest listing are old links added some 20 days ago.

4) I decided to change the start module back to "Image Gallery", and I did. But still "My Links" module loads when I go to homepage, instead of "Image Gallery". I have updated both modules from the Module administration section. But, no change.

5) I deleted the link that shows up at the top of the latest listings section in the home page, to find out what would happen. But the same entry is still there, but it doesn't link to the site. Actually none of the links in there works.

6) But when you click on the "Directory-My Links" from the side menu, the links and everyting works fine. Only the problem I guess is with the homepage

7) So, I wanted to de-activate the "My Links" from the Modules section, and I did. It still loads, but this time when you click on the Links page it says "The module doesn' exist", but the link on the main menu is still there.

Each time, I updated the individual modules. I cleared the cache, I checked out the PHP Administration, I couldn't find anything there either.

Now, "Image Gallery" for the start module is selected, but try it, it will show the "My Links" section with broken links. I re-activated the "My Links"-named "Directory" in my web site.

My Site : http://www.touringworld.org

http://www.touringworld.org

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks for your time.

tourguide
Re: My Links Module
  • 2006/2/9 17:37

• tourguide

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/9 1

I have solved the problem, it was due to the corrupted index.php page. Thank you for your time.

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits