kingpig
Anyone had an OS X, MySQL Socket Problem #2002?
  • 2006/1/30 16:03

• kingpig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/16

Hi all,

Just updated to MySQL 4.1.12, PHP 5.0.4, Apache 2 and had some problems with connecting to MySQL from XOOPS and phpMyAdmin.

I have been trawling the web for answers and wondered if any other XOOPS users on OS X 10.4.4 had encountered this;
after years of use XOOPS can't connect to the database.

I can use MySQL on the command line, so that is working, it's the connection/socket thang. phpMyAdmin gave this error:

Quote:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

This I have finally fixed by specifying an path to the mysql.sock socket in the MyAdmin config file:

Quote:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '/tmp/mysql.sock';

I feel that if I could specify a similar socket in XOOPS that I could get the connection to work. Any ideas?

My live sites are all working fine, and I've moved them around loads in the past, but this one has me stumped. I think that it is a OS X specific problem.

I am using a heavily adapted version built on XOOPS 2.0.6

All help and commiserations welcome, but no OS X jokes...

Best,

Kingpig

skalpa
Re: Anyone had an OS X, MySQL Socket Problem #2002?
  • 2006/1/30 17:09

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

The answer's here.

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits