Tropics
Another "server move" problem - error in PM module?
  • 2006/1/27 0:04

• Tropics

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/26

i first experienced this a few days ago, wasn't able to fix it but now this is the second time and i am sure i did nothing wrong.

standard server movement procedure, copying files, copying db, changing mainfile.php, setting permissions on some folders and clearing caches.
after that, i was able to access the site and use it - as long as i was not logged in. after logging in all i got was blank pages. so i turned on php debugging and i got the following:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If 
you are the administrator of this siteplease visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Helpful infomation you should provide while asking for assistance:

Error [Xoops]: Handler does not exist
Module
pm
Name
privmessage in file include/functions.php line 625

as i saw this, i thought about the other "server move" (i tried to copy a local xsas site to a website, and failed because of the above error) and i am sure this is not my fault, but a bug in the pm module! of course i am using XOOPS 2.2.4 (with 2.0.x i wouldn't have that module).

i am able to view all pages which do not contain any pm module blocks, so i was able to visit /modules/system/admin.php by typing exactly that and disabled the pm module - the site works since then.

i also tried uninstalling the pm module and reinstalling it, no change.

any ideas, things i might have missed, or maybe fixes?

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits