wizanda
How to make a full Xoops drop down menu system.
  • 2006/1/25 10:24

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Why hasn’t XOOPS still got a drop down menu system??

I have asked this so many times, I have posted up php MySQL systems that exist and could be incorporated into XOOPS as a module.

Yet then I was just thinking that isn’t it possible with the use of smarty, html and css to make a full XOOPS menu?

If it is possible, as I have seen on some sites, could we make a full guide on how to do this for people (like me)?

As I believe if this is well done, it improves a site a ten fold, by making the navigation easier and less cluttered. Also it is more search engines friendly as it will define url’s.

Can anyone help or is anyone working on this?

I did notice in the new XOOPS default theme that it has a drop down section, would it be possible for someone to make a XOOPS user guide on this?

Please

davidl2
Re: How to make a full Xoops drop down menu system.
  • 2006/1/25 10:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This may certainly be a good idea for a future release of Multimenu - I'll suggest this to Solo, unless he has already thought of it of course

wizanda
  • 2006/1/25 10:42

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh I did and sent him the links to phpddm, yet no reply??

Guess he was busy, as when I first posted it he was away on holiday, may have not noticed.

Yet really, XOOPS needs it's own independent drop down menu system with out modules adding to calls on the database.

It would be easy to add it really wouldn’t it?

As I have seen half html and CSS menus; using smarty as well we can leave the url, open and so it could be easily added to a lot of peoples sites.

Direct into the theme; as many of us use a lot of the same modules i.e. newbb, news, poll, contact us, ect

If this was add as a how to guide it would help loads of us as it could be copy and pasted direct into the theme and CSS file and we have a menu system that can be easily adapted.

Anyone know how to do this as I am only half way there (I really need to go to collage ASAP)

davidl2
  • 2006/1/25 10:44

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

We do have something of this sort on http://www.SmartFactory.ca - which I think was a seperate none-Xoops script .. it should be possible to use something like this.

wizanda
  • 2006/1/25 10:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh that looks cool; I think that was where I saw it, lol

Is there any chance of puting up all the code somewhere?

Bender
  • 2006/1/25 11:51

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Its on the todo list to become a module. No estimation on the arrival though since some other stuff takes priority over that currently.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wizanda
  • 2006/1/25 12:15

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Login

Who's Online

431 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 431

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits