dwhitten
Re: Extended Profiles in 2.2.3
  • 2006/1/21 23:04

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/22

msdana - you're not missing anything - I don't want people to be able to choose webmaster or anonymous. And thanks Dave - I just haven't had time to look at the code yet. I will when I get a chance. Or maybe I'll just do away with the group-picking altogether... I just didn't want riders to get bogged down with the show organizer's blocks, but I guess they can just ignore the extra stuff.

Oh well. My site is launching in just over a week.

Deb

SLEO577
Re: Extended Profiles in 2.2.3
  • 2006/1/22 5:49

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/27

dwhitten,

I have to agree, I would not want someone (anyone) registering and having the ability to pick their group and getting into the website with possible admin permission.

The *group* picking is fine, actually I have that available on my registration. But it is up to you once you receive their email to decide if they belong to that group or not. And depending on their group, you allow for those modules that group belongs to-to have permission to access them.

Example - I have a *group* selection for 12 State Agencies. Once the registra picks an agency and the activation email come to me, I verify they belong to that agency and once verified I go to (admin/modules/my profile/users) and under (Group Preference) select the group they belong too based on the modules for their agency.

Wish you the best on your "Grand Opening" for your website. I live in Horse Country myself (Ocala, Florida) and work with family & friends when we have horse shows.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits