MikeOConnor
AMS 2.41 -- can't figure out how to differentiate "intro" text

hi all,

this is a boneheaded question, but i can't quite figure out how to make the distinction between the "intro" text in AMS 2.41 articles. in News, there are two boxes in the editor -- the "intro" stuff appears on the summary page and "read more" takes you to the full text.

in AMS, i can't figure out how to make this go -- but i know it's possible because the articles i ported over from News retain that distinction in Articles. so there's some flag/switch that i must be missing.

thanks, in advance, for clues.

FusionKid
Re: AMS 2.41 -- can't figure out how to differentiate "intro" text
  • 2006/1/22 2:09

• FusionKid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

I think you may be talking about the [extend]tag. When typing a news article in AMS, anything before the [extend] tag is considered the "preview". Readers can then see what's after the [extend] tag by clicking on "read more."

MikeOConnor
Re: AMS 2.41 -- can't figure out how to differentiate "intro" text

yep, that's *exactly* what i'm hunting for.

however i tried putting the tag into a "too long" article, but it didn't have any effect. until i learned about the "revision" buttons -- i had better results when i selected one of those, up until then i hadn't been changing the article.

so the [extend] tag is the winner. thanks!

is there a spot where tags like that are documented? i bet there are other goodies like that.

before discovering my "non-updating" mistake, i dropped in the Koivi editor -- interestingly, with that editor the Submit page is has the additional fields to allow "body" and "extended" text -- just like News. pretty nifty.

but i haven't found installation instructions to really integrate it with AMS, so other things (like photo upload/management) are broken when i switched my users over to Koivi. looking at the Koivi documentation, it's clear that some patches probably need to be applied to AMS, but i couldn't find the documentation on how to do dat.

to summarize my questions;

- where can i find documentation of tags like [extend]?

- has anybody written up what is required to integrate Koivi with AMS?

thanks again -- i'm on the air, users are happily using AMS.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits