lidocayne
Custom logo upper left problems - help please.
  • 2006/1/16 20:36

• lidocayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

Hello all. I have created a custom logo for my site.. the dimensions of which are 80x280... (as opposed to the 80x148 the feault logo is). The default logo is logo.gif. I have created my logo with the same name and uploaded it. I also modified the code in the /themes/default/theme.html to reflect the new size. However, it now displays the logo, but for some reason isnt loading the new size, and when I view the source of the page, it seems to pull the old size, which means I likely am modifying the incorrect file. Could someone please tell me the file I need to modify for the size of the logo, and also the line which would change the color of the color bar?

Thank you!

-L

stefan88
Re: Custom logo upper left problems - help please.
  • 2006/1/16 21:28

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Did you switch on "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" in admin: Preferences -> General Settings

You may have to clear the templates cache folder - "templates_c" - all files except "index.html".

Will_H
  • 2006/1/16 23:47

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

more than likely the problem is in the stylesheet. you only have so much space to work with... if you are going to give space to one area then you must take it away somewhere else.

ie
|      |<br
logo |->is going to expand this way<br>
|
______|  when you increase width<br>
   |<
br>
   |<
br>
   |<
br>

V<br>
This way when<br
you increase<br>
height.

Idealy depending on the theme it should automatically compensate for this adjusment. However, once in a while BAM! you get a new project.

lidocayne
  • 2006/1/17 6:47

• lidocayne

• Just popping in

Quote:

stefan88 wrote:
Did you switch on "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" in admin: Preferences -> General Settings

You may have to clear the templates cache folder - "templates_c" - all files except "index.html".

Stefan88: that did it! Thank you! Now I just need to change the color of the blue bar to the right of the graphic. Any idea where this code is located?

Thank you again!

-L

stefan88
  • 2006/1/17 7:57

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

It depends on the theme you are using. Most probably it is in your theme "style.css" file.
Try first "background-color:" value in "headerbanner"...

lidocayne
  • 2006/1/17 17:12

• lidocayne

• Just popping in

Ok... I figured it out and thought I would share the how-to with everyone in case someone in the future has the same question:

Modify the style.css file line as follows:

td#headerbanner {width: 100%;vertical-align: middle; text-align:center; background-color: #115a11;}

I added the background color field, and changed the width to 100%.

-L

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits