sprion
Multi Menu 1.74 sometimes does not show ?
  • 2006/1/7 10:28

• sprion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/29

the main menu block sometimes doesn't show.

visithttp://zion-irc.sourceforge.net and try refreshing several times. You should see 2 main menus, but sometimes the multi menu version does not show.

does anyone know why?

solo71
Re: Multi Menu 1.74 sometimes does not show ?
  • 2006/1/7 11:23

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Have you set cache on your blocks ?

sprion
  • 2006/1/7 15:19

• sprion

• Just popping in

there's no cache.

am i supposed to set a cache?

jdseymour

No, cache is not good for this module. But one other thing, make sure you have the proper module for your version of XOOPS. There are two separate modules, one for 2.0x and one for 2.2x.

sprion
  • 2006/1/7 19:06

• sprion

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
No, cache is not good for this module. But one other thing, make sure you have the proper module for your version of XOOPS. There are two separate modules, one for 2.0x and one for 2.2x.

well .. there is no cache. and .. i installed CommunityPackModules1.0.tar

I supposed the version inside was hacked for 2.2x right? if not where can I get the right version? .. do u suppose I should reinstall the module?

jdseymour

Get the proper version on This Page.
And yes probably will have to reinstall.

sprion
  • 2006/1/8 5:15

• sprion

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Get the proper version on This Page.
And yes probably will have to reinstall.

thanks.

Phase 1
I got the file, deleted the multiMenu folder on my server, replace with this.
FAILED within 4 site refresh

Phase 2
I updated the module from administration.
FAILED within 3 site refresh

Phase 3
I deactivated, uninstalled module from administration. Deleted multiMenu folder and replace with new files again. Reloaded multimenu module in administration, and added block -> multimenu test, with no links inside.
FAILED within 10 site refresh

Phase 4
I added a link called News which links to News module in multimenu..
FAILED within 5 site refresh

* FAILED = multimenu test did not show.

Thanks but do you still have any ideas? I hope i won't have to reinstall the whole XOOPS installation ..

jdseymour

Well I can confirm this, it disappeared for me also after about 5 to 7 refreshes.

Can you give some server stats, PHP version, server version, MySQL version, and XOOPS version.

Go through the debug modes and check for errors when it disappears. See if we can find the root cause of this, I have been using multimenu for almost a year without any problems on 2 sites. This seems very strange.

sprion
  • 2006/1/15 4:24

• sprion

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:

Can you give some server stats, PHP version, server version, MySQL version, and XOOPS version.

Go through the debug modes and check for errors when it disappears. See if we can find the root cause of this, I have been using multimenu for almost a year without any problems on 2 sites. This seems very strange.

Xoops version: XOOPS 2.2.3 Final
MySQL version: 4.1
PHP version: 4.3.10
System: Linux sc8-pr-web9.sourceforge.net 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 01:10:51 EST 2005 i686
Server API: Apache

and cool.. after turning on debug, when multimenu does not show, these are the messages at the end:

Warning [PHP]: multimenu_show(block.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/multiMenu/blocks/multimenu.php line 18
Warning [PHP]: multimenu_show(): Failed opening 'block.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in file modules/multiMenu/blocks/multimenu.php line 18

Thanks for your help. Was away for a trip..

I personally like to believe it's a server problem, note that it's hosted on a sourceforge server. You are not able to chmod 777 cache and templates_c and uploads folder, instead you need to create these folders somewhere in a different path from installation, then do "ln -s" on them, before chmoding them..

Seehttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41912&forum=7&post_id=185335#forumpost185335

solo71
  • 2006/1/18 15:47

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

I think so too... I never heard about such problem regarding multiMenu. And the debug mode seems to confirm your opinion.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits