wizanda
How to make registration work for 2 separate sites (mith?)
  • 2006/1/11 13:41

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Basically I have separated my site into 2, now I have 2 registrations and 2 databases, 1 on each site.
What code would I need to add to make it that when someone registers on one of the sites; it inserts that member in both databases at the same time?
I am using XOOPS 2.013.2 on both sites.
I don’t wish to add anything else more complicated to link the sites, just the new members is needed, so how can I do it?

I put mith as you probably know how to do this,please?

Mithrandir
Re: How to make registration work for 2 separate sites (mith?)

If all you want to do is to sync the users, using my multisite may be a bit over the top (and as I continously say - you WILL need a FREQUENT backup procedure to be sure that you don't mess up during the configuration. One can lose entire site contents if not used properly, or it can behave "weird" if stuff that shouldn't be shared is shared - or if stuff that could be shared is only shared partially) but that's an entirely different discussion.

What you could do is hack the user registration, removal and editing files (register.php, edituser.php, user administration - in root (2.0.x) or Profile module (2.2.x) ) so that whenever a user is added, edited or deleted, a message is sent to the other server with the new information and that database is updated.
SOAP might be handy here - but will naturally need some kind of security mechanism (password... preferably encrypted... perhaps two encrypted passwords where one depends on the other) so not just any user can be edited by anyone.

IF on the other hand, you have access to the other site's database from the first site, you could hack in the code directly, to update the other database table as well, whenever a user account is saved or deleted.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

wizanda
Re: How to make registration work for 2 separate sites (mith?)
  • 2006/1/11 17:00

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Thxz mith!
Ok both sites are mine and I have full access, so I need to edit both sets of files, so both point at each others database.
You wouldn't be able to tell me the code to do this would you, as I am not a programmer even though I may try?

Or is it a lot, as you started getting complicated with soap?
( I am a scruffy hippy and don’t use soap )

I would appreciate it loads if you could? Please!!!

Login

Who's Online

487 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 487

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits