toddherrold
Shoutbox 3.1 breaks template in IE but not Firefox

In my installation of Shoutbox 3.1 on XOOPS 2.2.3 in theme xmbluext, the shoutbox block breaks the template's right column in Internet Explorer but not Firefox.

I've tried numerous workarounds like wrapping the shoutframe template in another restrcited table but nothing helps. It could be something with the xmbluext theme, I guess, also.

Has anyone experienced this before and can offer a solution?

Thanks.

http://www.hotdogblog.com - you'll see the problem only in Internet Explorer.

giba
Re: Shoutbox 3.1 breaks template in IE but not Firefox
  • 2006/1/5 15:00

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Congratz for your site
Very good I very happy for use theme.

Really, it is working perfectly in the FireFox and in the IE (this junk) he is with problems same and I did not obtain to make to function shoutbox.

The problem is with the same subject, in the truth, with the column.

It tries uses it in the central block that will be able to function exactly in the IE.

Sorry, problem exist

A special addition of CSS in special could be made for shoutbox and for an archive when the navigator will be the IE, but this option I would discard.

In portuguese

Realmente, está trabalhando perfeitamente no FireFox e no IE (esta tranqueira) está com problemas mesmo e n?o consegui fazer funcionar o shoutbox.

O problema é com o tema mesmo, na verdade, com a coluna.

Tente usa-lo no bloco central que poderá funcionar mesmo no IE.

Desculpe, problema existe.

Poderia ser feito uma adi??o especial de CSS em especial para o shoutbox e para um arquivo quando o navegador for o IE, mas esta op??o eu descartaria.

toddherrold

Thanks Giga. . I speak Spanish, but not Portuguese, so I got about 90% of your note here. Also, you posted something on my shoutbox about "in block recent blog comments, look template for name. Use title a pronto.. . " not sure what that meant.

So the problem is with "same subject?" and it's trying to place in the center column rather than right?

giba
  • 2006/1/5 16:33

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

toddherrold wrote:
Thanks Giga. . I speak Spanish, but not Portuguese,

OOps, Ok, sorry, rss: -)
I go to try to translate better, follows below...

Quote:

so I got about 90% of your note here. Also, you posted something on my shoutbox about "in block recent blog comments, look template for name.

here i speak about name of user.
If you remove the name would go to prevent the layout in addition, only this.
It is optional this.
I saw the breaking and I would be only one suggestion.
You he would not need to change nothing if not to want, ok?

Quote:

So the problem is with "same subject?" and it's trying to place in the center column rather than right?

NO, i speack about shoutbox in block central.
Is possible ?

[]s

toddherrold

ok, I see now. thank you! Too different items. Yes, I think I will take your suggestion to remove names from blog comments so that it doesn't wrap.

I can't really do the shoutbox in the center column. What do you think about this:

If I expand the right column to the size of the shoutbox, do you think it will resolve? Or, do you think the shoutbox would just break it again and become bigger?

giba
  • 2006/1/5 17:17

• giba

• Just can't stay away

I probably would try to modify templates and the definitions of the windows of shoutbox.

I will try in briefing to exactly liberate a new version of this theme but with 100% of the screen, but who uses navigators based on 800 x 600 will be wronged.

In portuguese.

Eu provavelmente tentaria alterar os templates e as defini??es das janelas do shoutbox.

Tentarei em breve liberar uma nova vers?o deste mesmo theme mas com 100% da tela, mas quem usa navegadores baseados em 800 x 600 ser?o prejudicados.

toddherrold

that would be excellent!!!

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits