fervidfrogge
Stop avatar removal

I don't have custom avatars, but I do have a load of system ones. I was trying them out, but I noticed that they were being deleted after I had used them. Can I make XOOPS distinguish between custom and system avatars, and which to delete?

Bender
Re: Stop avatar removal
  • 2005/12/30 23:15

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

What do you mean by "after you used them"?

Xoops by itself deletes them?

Which XOOPS version and what exactly to do to reproduce this behaviour?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

fervidfrogge

Well, say I pick img0.gif for my avatar, which is a system specified avatar. I use it for a while, I'm bored of it. I decide to now use img1.gif instead, and go back to edituser. At the top it says your current avatar will be deleted (img0.gif). I pick img1.gif, and press submit. Now, I go in and check to see if img0.gif is still available. Nope, permanently removed.

I have the latest version available. I'm assuming that it does, in the edituser.php script it seems that it is deleting the image previously used...

fervidfrogge

Well , I was able to quickly hack edituser.php in the extended profiles. Basically I commented out:

$avt_handler->delete($avatars[0]);

and:

if (is_object($avatars[0])) {

$avt_handler->delete($avatars[0]);
            }

Seems to work OK. If anyone who is more of an expert that would like to go about doing a better way (IE: still allowing deletion of user-uploaded avatars) that it would be much appreciated!

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits