cutley
Automatic download module submission
  • 2005/12/30 18:02

• cutley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/27

When i first started creating modules I checked out the module generator on here i think. The module generator was used online and a zip file was created with your custom files and you could then download it from the default XOOPS Download module section on the site.

I have created a simple upload module and once the file is uploaded i want the file to automaticly be added to the downloads or at least bring up the download subbmission form with things like the 'file size' filled.

At the moment the user has to click a link to go to the form and fill all of it in for them selves.

My Q is:What would the code be to open the 'download link submit form' and send the required variables to show in the form

thanks
- - - - -
xoops FTW

Will_H
Re: Automatic download module submission
  • 2005/12/30 21:32

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

that sounds like a neat premise.

Im no coder but my guess is that you would use the

include ./modules/... function.

I guess it could also be

requires ./modules/... function

Problem is i couldnt imagine this being able to work alongside all downloads modules. You would have to pick one, because the structure is going to differ between them.

anyway, each value in the download module has a designation i.e. "$filesize"... I would imagine that it is as simple as if/then

if your user provides a value during upload then let it equal the corresponding value in the module.

just a guess.

cutley
  • 2005/12/30 22:00

• cutley

• Just popping in

thanks, with these things it normally takes an fresh outside look, if you know what i mean

I am using the MyDownloads core XOOPS module. But if people know how to do this with another download module i can easy change.
- - - - -
xoops FTW

cutley
  • 2006/1/4 19:15

• cutley

• Just popping in

just had another idea, wondering if its worth having a go at;

Modify the mydownloads submittion form to include an upload section at the top. so they select the file, input the info about the file, the file is uploaded and the form is submited with one click
- - - - -
xoops FTW

Login

Who's Online

297 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 297

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits