pmhoran
MyLinks stopped showing page ... HELP !?!! ver 2.0.13.2
  • 2005/12/28 10:42

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I have setup Version 2.0.13.2 for a friends site ... and its using the MyLinks module that comes with the install.

I am using the module on 4 other sites without a problem.

When I click on the menu link ... I just get a blank page with the word "done" at the bottom of the browser. I turned on PHPDebug ... all I got was the generic "Can't display page" that MS has ... no debug info displayed.

All other modules are working fine. MyLinks worked OK when it was first installed and for a few weeks until a few days ago. My friend said he had entered a few more sites ... and when he went from the Admin menu (where he entered the links) to the "Visitors Menu" to check his input ... thats when he noticed the blank page.

No problem with display from Admin module access ... just from the visitors menu.

I have checked all the setting for the module ... they seem fine. I uploaded another copy of the module ... did the module update ... that didn't fix it. I went into the database and did a Repair on the database ... didn't fix it. I checked all the entries to the mylinks module and cannot see any problems in the input.

I cannot figure this one out.

Anyone with any ideas???

Thanks for any and all input.
Peter

PS .... I have Protector module (GIJOE) installed and its reported that on Christmas Day somebody attempted a DoS attack on the site twice. The module was fine on the 24th ... my friend wasn't into his site on the 25th and the problem surfaced on the 26th. I have been trying to fix it since then ... but no luck ... obviously.

Could the DoS attack have maybe corrupted something??

PPS ... the site was running 2.0.13.1 when the problem started. When I could not fix it I upgraded to 2.0.13.2 hoping that might fix things. I uploaded new copies of mylinks module while it was running both versions.

martyboy
Re: MyLinks stopped showing page ... HELP !?!! ver 2.0.13.2
  • 2005/12/28 11:04

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Maybe go into templates admin and regenerate the templates for the mylinks module or re upload the mylinks module overwriting the existing one as all the data is stored in the database you shouldnt lose any data.

I wouldnt worry too much about the dos attacks on the protector module i get loads of them, I'm not entirely sure if the protector module is registering them correctly, one of my regular members keeps getting banned for being a crawler for some reason too, yet too figure that out.

Good luck.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

pmhoran
  • 2005/12/28 11:12

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

martyboy wrote:
Maybe go into templates admin and regenerate the templates for the mylinks module or re upload the mylinks module overwriting the existing one as all the data is stored in the database you shouldnt lose any data.

Thanks for the response MartyBoy ...

I have actually re-uploaded the mylinks module ... twice ... and did the update modules etc etc etc. No change

Regenerate templates??? How do you do that??? I went into Templates and see the List of them for mylinks ... they have a "Last Modified" date of an hour ago ... when I last tried fixing the module by Updating the module.

Peter

pmhoran
  • 2005/12/28 12:01

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Aaaarrrggghhhh !!!!

I just went in and backed up the database. Uninstalled the mylinks module and then deleted the module program folder & files from the website. Then I uploaded a "clean" copy of the mylinks module ... installed it ... uploaded the database backup and ... STILL an error page.

I just do not understand

Peter

pmhoran
  • 2005/12/28 13:29

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Solved the problem ... sort of.

I decided to install WF-Links instead ... its working not too badly so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues

Peter

gediminasbyt

You should clone your template and use cloned set. Then you can delete, edit and regenerate the templates. In your case if you would have deleted template file for that blank page and then regenerated it, most likely would have fixed a problem.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits