skalpa
Devsite open
  • 2005/12/26 9:21

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

I'm publicly opening the new development site, which will become the one of only source of information about the XOOPS developement from now on.
It is far from being complete, but I believe this is the way things should be: give something to everybody even unfinished, then build progressively.

The devlog will be updated daily as much as possible, and alpha releases will be published there too.

A few things to note:
- MSIE compat has not been fixed yet, so please use a real browser to go there. This will be fixed later on (but this is not the highest priority right now).
- Informative posts about the dev roadmap and the 2.0/2.2/2.3 development future will be published tomorrow, so please be a little more patient.
- This is a worktool, not a support or discussion place. There are forums for this and if the comments feature is misused, I'll disable it.

It's running on 2.3.0-alpha1, that will be published in the forthcoming days, and the theme used is a slight modification of the new default one

Again, I'm sorry for this not being as complete as I or you would want, but that will get better day after day.

XOOPS development site

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

erzon
Re: Devsite open
  • 2005/12/26 9:57

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

wow this is good news.. take your time mate

damaster
  • 2005/12/26 12:18

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

I've used Serendipity Weblog System... but with the right modules XOOPS can do it too. Whatever, nice blog & theme!

Mieux vaut tard que jamais!
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

kaotik
  • 2005/12/26 15:36

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I've been looking over the new version and I have a couple of questions:
-will this new version support multilanguage?
-I like how there is 2 distinct parts to xoops: one that is accessible from the web, another that is not. This should solve the problem of templates_c being tampared.

Suggestion:
For mod dev's it would really help to have a reference module coded using 2.3 best practices so we can use that as an example.

Thanks
www.kaotik.biz

davidl2
  • 2005/12/26 20:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The sample theme is an excellent idea.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits