draj
Multisite HACK for 2.2.3 Final WORKS!
  • 2005/12/22 16:05

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I have been able to make it work. The main problem was that there is no information in regards to installation.

My suggestion:

Is it possible to have a parameter in the config tables that captures set of tables that belongs to a module.

For instance, if I wanna duplicate News, then in the site administration, it would only offer a News package.

This means that there is numbering of Module ID and system blocks...

Can Jan say something about it and take it to one more step of development?

Thanks

fredgsanford
Re: Multisite HACK for 2.2.3 Final WORKS!

Where is this multisite hack? .. or is this like top secret ..lol

it is like branching right?

krauh
  • 2005/12/25 21:30

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

draj
  • 2005/12/27 14:14

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo Jan!

I have severly tested the Multisite Module. During the course, it would like to offer feedback....

It would be very good to have some pre-programmed defaults ready to go, like - themes, templates_c, etc...

It would be extremely helpful to have a severe and forceful routines for uninstallations, especially from the child sites in regards to modules. Now, if one uninstalls from the child while sharing some modules it de-roots the entire installation resulting into a mess.

Also, something small: If the Site URL field in the form is clickable, it would be nice to constantly click on it and see instantly.

Further, I hope that the sharing tables during the installation works much better. Currently it does not offer packets of tables to be shared.

It would be extremely necessary to not allow duplicate or share the site modules.

It should not allow to share the same prefix of child websites.

One of the most important thing is upgrading the shared modules. Since this would happen on a constant bases, it would be neccery if the Parent website does the upgrading into the necessary children websites also, immediately during the upgrade.

The current installlation does not offer something specific for the child installation like cookie/sessions-prefix, themes, etc...If this is done, one does not neet to enter again and again.

Apart from the above, I am very satisfied with it. Its just excellent...

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits